Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Elmers willing to help on the SAFE Net  (Read 1265 times)
VE3UAL

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:49:02 AM »

SAFE (Safe America For Everyone) has TEAM Leaders in all 50 states of the US plus in Canada and elsewhere.

Many of the TEAM Leaders are not hams but we are trying to set up a ham network in each state. SAFE is about recovery and reconstruction after some universal catastrophe such as nuclear war. Many people are not sympathetic to our cause but a Ham Net is essential for what we are trying to do.

If you would be willing to help in your state, please ENROLL NOW at www.webpal.org

Through our free newsletter you will get details.
or you can email me at:

ham at www.webpal.org

Peace and love,
Bruce
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:18:09 AM »

Ham nets already exist and liase with the emergency services.

Pointless.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:51:11 AM »

Many people are not sympathetic to our cause but a Ham Net is essential for what we are trying to do.

Of course this means that you have somehow managed to survive a catastrophic event such as the one you describe in the first place. This also assumes that all the members of your organization have been given enough advance notice of the event and have enough time to get to a shelter that can withstand the attack. It also assumes that any radio gear has survived the attack.

Besides, if a TEOTWAWKI event should occur, that means that our government and military no longer exists and the "enemy" is in charge. This being the case, the last thing I would want to do is start transmitting radio signals that will give away my location.

According to the website:

When Ark Two goes into crisis mode we will be using the shelter location which is located on one of the highest points in Southern Ontario. There we have powerful diesel generators for power and a tower from which to beam our signal down over the US.

Even though this looks like a beautiful place to live, there is no way an exposed location such as this can survive such an attack. Acouple of summers ago we drove through South Dakota and took a tour through a decomissioned missile silo. Where are the command centers that launch the missiles located? Deep under ground in a fortified bunker... mounted on shock absorbers. This is how to survive a nuclear attack, NOT on a mountainside in Ontario!

As far as power, what are you going to do when the diesel fuel runs out? There won't be any operating refineries, at least not any that are operated by anyone who is sympathetic to your cause. Besides, the noise and exhaust from the generators is just another way to give away your location to the enemy.

I could go on and one poking holes in this survival plan, but I have used up enough bandwidth already showing why it won't work.

Sheesh!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 05:13:01 AM »

IF you survive the initial nuclear blast(s),then the only communications device that you will need is an emergency signal mirror and hope that the sun is still shining through the vapor/dust cloud, along with at least one other survivor equipped with same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: