Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile Antenna GS Mfg VS. Scorpion  (Read 9224 times)
KK4CRY

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:21:38 AM »

Finding alot of info on the Scorpion mobile antenna, but nothing on the GS mfg antenna. No current reviews on eHam
Anyone have experience, or info on them. Not much info on his site either.
W2RI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »

Don't forget to check out HiQ antennas as well.
N7GCO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »

Don't know about the GS antenna, but I have a Scorpion and think it is fantastic. The build quality is incredible. I used it in the Washington Salmon Run contest today and it worked flawlessly. People could not believe I was mobile, not at my home shak.
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:23:32 AM »

What does GS offer compared to Scorpion, Tarheel, or Hi-Q?

Is GS a better antenna, is the price significantly lower, is the warranty longer, is the customer service better?
KK4CRY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »

Black Scorpion Antenna $808 starting
http://www.gs-mfg.com/index_005.html  GS start at $375-$700

Scorpion length changes as band
GS one length as band change
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 10:55:34 AM »

The Scorpion is the best built screwdriver typw antenna with the best Lifetime warranty on the market.  How many do you see for resale? I see a lot of Hi-Q, Tarheel and others but not Scorpion.  Thw reason for that is they are the best built with the best warranty.  Don't waste your money on others just get the best first and you wont have to waste $$ by buying other brands and not being satisfied on their performance or quality.
W5LZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 12:23:11 AM »

I have a Scorpion and it's presently not in use (can't figure out how to mount it to my car).  I do not plan to sell it, it's just a very nice mobile antenna.  It's quality and design is as good (or better) than any other screwdriver antenna I've ever seen.  It does exactly what it's supposed to do and doesn't have any 'magical' abilities as some think.  It alsohas the same sort of 'problems' the other screwdriver antennas have, it's big, it's not inconspicuous, and it isn't a 'give-away'.  But it's worth every cent of what it costs.
The packing is an example of how good this antenna is.  You better follow the un-packing instructions!  There really is a reason for them.  You had also better figure on a very 'hefty' mount or you will have problems (I found out the hard way). 
Would I get another for whatever reason?  Yes.  Simple as that.  I agree with WN2C, it just don't get no better.
 - Paul

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: