Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disneyland Resort not ham friendly...  (Read 27004 times)
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03:12 AM »

Found the citation - although poorly worded by me, you used it out of context ...

Clint wrote >>

"It is obvious WHY Disneyland has rules against amateur equipment - someone else posted it here
earlier: Disneyland would prefer that no one mess with their inside-park communications. And that
is entirely their right."

That was in response to someone who mention how some ham radio equipment is used to interfere
with park ops.

But the facts remain the same:

1. ABC/Disney has a demonstrable history of supporting amateur radio.

2. Hams for many years have been able to take their HTs to Disneyland and use them.

3. Disney retains the right to not allow anyone to take such equipment on the premises.

Acting responsibly and maturely, hams have enjoyed keeping track of friends and family and
working local repeaters at Disneyland for years. But come to the park with an attitude, make a fuss,
and start arguing with CMs, and you might not enjoy the same privilege as those who act more
appropriately.

UNLESS, of course, you define "appropriate" behavior as "arguing with CM" instead of
calmly explaining things. Then all bets are off, and I am entirely off-base.

Clint Bradford K6LCS
909-241-7666

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
K7RNO

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »

If you care to look for your own posts on this thread, you will find this on page 2:

Wow ... I didn't realize that the issue of whether or not one could flaunt amateur radio gear
at Disneyland was as important as segregation in this country ... someone's LIVING in Fantasyland ...

It is obvious WHY Disneyland has rules against amateur equipment - someone else posted it here
earlier: Disneyland would prefer that no one mess with their inside-park communications. And that
is entirely their right.

Some just need to pick battles just for the sake of picking battles. This one doesn't deserve all the
time we've wasted in this forum.

Clint K6LCS

And how do you know that they have those rules? Where did you read about them? Still waiting for that answer from you.

aRNO
NAQCC #6870, SKCC #11131
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

way back when , you could not enter the park if you were wearing flip flops or any open toe shoes.  You could buy a pair of shoes in a Disney store and then be OK, but the (Disney) wanted protection against injury from stepped on toes. I think they changed that now.
AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »

Guys. 

It's the happiest place on earth.  C'mon. 

Hug it out.

Grin
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »

Guys. 

Hug it out.

Grin

It gets old after a constant diet of it and that takes some of the magic away.  My wife likes to go at least once a month, sometimes more.  I don't.  I could understand it if we lived five or ten miles away, but it's 90 miles one way from where we live.
AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »

Guys. 

Hug it out.

Grin

It gets old after a constant diet of it and that takes some of the magic away.  My wife likes to go at least once a month, sometimes more.  I don't.  I could understand it if we lived five or ten miles away, but it's 90 miles one way from where we live.

That's a lot.  I don't even like driving "down the hill" into the city once a month.
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »

DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

10/04/2013

Dear Clint,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

As long as your portable amateur radio does not interfere with our
radios used in our Parks, you will be able to use yours.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

Received date: 9/28/13

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
First Day of Visit: 10/11/2013
Length Of Stay: 2

May I bring my portable amateur radio with me to Disneyland - Anaheim?
My FCC license is K6LCS ... and I would like to "work" the Disney
amateur radio repeater, and also talk to others while I am enjoying
Dumbo!

Clint Bradford [clint@clintbradford.com]

/end/

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »

Hehehehehehe.... so Disneyland IS ham friendly.  Just not if you're a grumpy old sourpuss.
Looks like you owe a LOT of folks an apology Mr. John T. Wright.   Kiss Kiss

~ Mitch ~
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2013, 01:36:44 PM »

That alleged communication doesn't prove anything other than Disney's failure to consistently enforce their own rules.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »

>> ... try taking a flashlight and multibander past TSA ...

Better yet - if you want a cavity search guaranteed, try to get a rolled-up tape measure beam in carry-on ...

Clint K6LCS

I routinely carry a flashlight, a few small screwdrivers, many gadgets including USB DVD drive, 16AH USB battery, a mouse, several types of cables and adapters, USB sticks, a VX-7R, a couple of antennas, trusty old Radio Shack speaker/mic and pigtail, and rolled up 5-turn loop with  6' RG-174 lead in my backpack, and more often than not, a FT-817ND, roll of wire, Miracle Whip tuner and extra battery in my carry-on roller board, and it has never gotten more than a comment from the screener, such as, "Sir you have a lot of electronics", to which I cheerily agree and am on my way.

K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2013, 03:13:29 PM »

>> ... That alleged communication ...

Wow - are you doubting the authenticity of that received email? Think someone hijacked Disneyland's email system and
sent that to me?

Clint Bradford

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »

Guys. 

Hug it out.

Grin

Let you wife go and you can stay home and talk on your HT.  Grin
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: