Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 CQ WW RTTY contest  (Read 5679 times)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2013, 05:54:41 AM »

Wow, what a great time this weekends contest provided me.  Propagation from my QTH was phenomenal to say the least and the best I've experienced since I started back into contesting in 2009.  A big thanks goes to everyone I had the pleasure of working!

73 Randy AJ7G
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:48:02 AM »

I must say, I enjoyed it as well...  Propagation was great here...  All bands used!

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »

Wow, what a great time this weekends contest provided me.  Propagation from my QTH was phenomenal to say the least and the best I've experienced since I started back into contesting in 2009.  A big thanks goes to everyone I had the pleasure of working!

73 Randy AJ7G

I see we worked on 15m about 1 hour after your sunset - around 2:46pm my local time.   You were a solid 599...  Grin

I agree - it was fun.   I'm surprised I didn't have a ragging head ache....   

This was the first real contest that I did nothing but radio, sleep and eat.  Putting in approx. 35 hours.   Unfortunately, it was a slow grind and if it weren't for the JA's I would have changed plans.

Long path to the south wasn't open and working NA and EU was difficult because of the hill behind me.    After seeing KH6ZM's score for M/2 (4.4M) and how many States he worked and QSO's - 5 times my count - the day has come were I know my spot..  Grin   

Unless LP South is open - I'm the little guy on the hill working OC, JA and using specific times to break through... like my midnight on 40M when the East Coast and Japan were sunrise and sunset - that was a blast with a 40M Dipole working both no problem - great signals. 

Regardless - it was great time and a life experience.  LP South should be opening more in the coming weeks.   It just feels like racing a Prius in Nascar.....

I ended up with 496 contacts, 72 Zones, 97 DX and 61 States - 330K.   213 were JA, 115 NA, 46 AS, 47 OC, 13 Canada, 29 SA, 30 EU, 4 AF
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »

Wow, what a great time this weekends contest provided me. ....  A big thanks goes to everyone I had the pleasure of working!

A big "me, too!"  Wall-to-wall signals, a bunch of great operators, and a bundle of fun!
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 08:20:29 PM »

Another me too !!!

Ended up with exactly 700 Q's
and 669,000+ points.

Good to see 10 & 15 open and 20m open
most of both nights.

100 watts and either a 4btv or a chunk of zip cord.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 09:11:58 PM »

I just entered as 15 meter single band as that band is a favorite of mine and was in great shape.  Didn't have a lot of time to operate but did what I could.  I did work 4L8A for a new RTTY country. Copied HZ1QB nicely also be he couldn't hear me. Guess it is time to get a pair of 8877s for the next one!

73 John AF5CC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: