Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concurrent QSO party and serial numbers  (Read 2293 times)
N8YQX

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:54:24 AM »

This weekend, it looks like AZ and PA QSO party will be running concurrently.

If you work both QSO parties from outside AZ/PA, do you have to assign separate serial numbers for each QSO party, or can you assign them from the same set?

I read over the rules, and this point does not seem to be addressed.  Logistically, it would be much easier to assign the serial numbers from the same set.

Thanks,

N8YQX
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »

AZ and PA QSO parties require different exchange criteria so they must have different exchange serial numbers.  This hold true with every contests that I know of.  You must submit your logs to different email addresses also for these 2 contest.  For more info see http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/weeklycont.php .  Hope this helps.

73 Randy AJ7G
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »

This works for me in N1MM:

Open two QSO party logs, one for PA, the other for AZ, set up the exchanges for each.

To switch from one to the other, go to N1MM "File", and the most recent logs will be easy there in the pulldown menu. Serial numbers will be unique and consecutive in each log.

e.g. this past Sunday morning I was swapping back and forth between California QSO Party, RSGB 21/28, and my general purpose DX logs. After a while you don't really have to think about it :-)

Some contests specifically say that serial numbers must start from 1 and go up by 1... others just require that they be unique.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: