Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more Panasonic Plasma TVs!  (Read 6682 times)
N2RJ

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

Looks like Panasonic is discontinuing Plasmas in March 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/09/us-panasonic-plasmatv-idUSBRE99801720131009

This is great news.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »

I called them out for RF noise in comments on MarketWatch today.  lot of picture purists were crying over the news.  it's just another case of The Market Makes Choices (tm) and in this case, high cost for a little darker black pixel vs. the high frequency allocations being whacked came out in our favor.
M0LRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »

My neighbour bought a new plasma nine months ago, since then from 8am-10pm 9/10db every day of noise. what is the point Huh
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 06:25:48 AM »

I have had mine for ten years now.  Good picture!  But I don't even try to operate on HF due to the noise it generates.  We are talking here S9 noise every 15 kHz or so.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »

Well, I've gotten one given (gifted) to me two years ago, and the noise it does generate is tolerable.  I'm not saying it's noise free, but the noise level is manageable.  Mine is a model TC P50 X3.
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »

After all the Plasma TV's are gone, then we will have to deal with all the cheap LED lights from China. A plasma TV QRM is mild compared to a bad  LED light. If your neighbor places a outdoor LED light outside your HF days are over!

The next HF jammer is MPPT solar controllers and panels. You get one of these around your station you in for a worst nightmare HF moment.

The problem is that the EMC standards need revising and the existing laws enforced. I can go into many stores and buy equipment that has all fake EMC markings and wont pass the existing laws.
KB7XU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:25:08 AM »

NENKI, I'm just curious, how do you tell that the EMC lables are fake.  It might be worthwhile ratting out the products to the FCC.  We have enough problems with the legitimate products out there.   Thanks.
KB7XU

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:18 AM »

Ooops, I misspelled your name.  I meant ZENKI, I'm just curious, how do you tell that the EMC lables are fake.  It might be worthwhile ratting out the products to the FCC.  We have enough problems with the legitimate products out there.   Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: