Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda 2005 CRV - where's the grommet ?  (Read 2978 times)
W7JDT

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »

I have a 2005 Honda CRV and desire to install and VHF / UHF antenna on the left front but I cannot find a pass thru
grommet.  Anyone with a 2005 Honda CRV got any suggestions ?
73's
Warren - W7JDT
w7jdt@arrl.net
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »

There are two on every Honda.

One is just below the center of the firewall, towards the driver's side (USA). On some models, it is very difficult to get to because of the center console.

The other is an extra teat on the main wiring harness grommet. It will just pass a pair of #8s.

KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »

If you can't find, or can't reach, the grommet - I have an 06 Element, very much in common  with the CR-V.
I have a homebrew hood lip mount, ran the coax and the battery cables through the upper part of the fender to the door opening - used a whip antenna to reach in from the door opening, taped the cables to it, pulled them through. Then covered the cables with plastic cable-organizer (slit tube type) and ran them inside and under the dash. Been running for several years now  -the door stripping is big and soft enough that the cable tubing is all that's needed. On my Element, I removed a Subwoofer, and mounted the radio and an extension speaker where the subwoofer had been, under the center of the dash, behind a grille. Control head mounted with velcro at a reasonable location.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: