Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am-com ASAC antenna controller info  (Read 2879 times)
KB8ASO

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

Hello all.

I have two Am-Com ASAC controllers that I'm looking for service literature on.  Does anyone know if the designer of this device is still around or contactable in anyway?  There still seems to be some hams still using this device.  Does anyone have contact information? Is there a chance the original designer since he no longer seems interested in producing these units would release the service information into the public domain? 

Thanks
Randy ab9go
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »

Yes, he's still around and kicking. What specially are you inquiring about? I have limited information, and a few parts laying around. If necessary, I can ask the good doctor for some help. However, if you're looking for the CPU chip and/or programming, they're nonobtainium!

KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »

Thanks for the reply. What I'm looking for is information on recalibrating a units that is going to be put back in the service after a long rest. There are multiple test points, two variable trim caps, and one sealed trim pot.  What is the procedure to touch up the alignment of the unit to make sure it operates properly before I go to all the trouble of reinstalling it just to find out it no longer functions properly. Angry

Randy.
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »

p.s.  It is a very nice unit and I purchased mine many years ago @ the Dayton Hamvention from the folks at the Am-Com booth.  I also own an original Clear-speech speaker.  Works very well indeed!  Am-Comu made some good stuff.  Almost forgot my micro controller is version 2.1 on the one I have in front of me.

Randy AB9GO
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:11:52 PM by KB8ASO » Logged
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:00:36 AM »

Someplace, I have a digital manual for it. If I find it, I'll forward it to you. In any case, I'd just try it first.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: