Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSN using Ace-HF software  (Read 7881 times)
KD7HNN

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »

Hello, I'm trying to set up Ace-HF software for this weekend and I want to input the correct Smoothed Sunspot Number. On the Ace-HF website it there's a table with the predicted ssn (57.9), the High (81.1), and a low (67.1). I will usually input the predicted but the bands have been pretty hot lately so I was wondering what ssn you guys are using for this weekend?
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »

This falls under the category of better late than never, sorry.  I hope you read this but this website publishes the list and it's the one I use for this, just scroll down.  I didn't read this post till now.

http://propagation.hfradio.org/

73 Randy AJ7G
NT6X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »

I also use the predicted numbers given in the link above for Ace-HF software. I adjust the number a bit higher if the bands are hot. However its just a guesstimate. Is there a way to get real-time more accurate ssn??

Mike, NT6X
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »

Mike, I've been using ACE-HF for a couple of years and find it to be fairly accurate.  Wouldn't bet the farm on it but I'm satisfied with the results.  Found it to be very helpful on working XZ1J Myanmar both LP and SP along with a cluster comment. 

From what I've read the SSN is an average of X number of months of sunspots which varies on who does the reporting of SSN.  There seems to be a few organizations that report SSN.  So I would think it would be hard to get a true real time accurate SSN.  Now I'm telling you what I've read which is very limited and I'm sure there's others much more versed on the subject whom I would enjoy hearing and learning from also.

73 Randy AJ7G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: