Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Worldwide DX Contest  (Read 2603 times)
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »

I couldn't believe how wide open 10 meters was for this contest. Both Saturday and Sunday afternoons had shoulder to shoulder stations from 28.4 to more than 29. It was mostly Europe, this time not much propogation to South America. The last two hours of the contest I pointed my little beam to Asia and got to Japan and Guam many times. Only a few Australia and no New Zealand from Ohio. But my point is how well 10 meters worked Europe for once.

15 meters was adequate, and as usual 20 meters was too many people sharing the bandwidth to be able to hear anyone.

This is one of my favorite contests. And 10 meters always works that weekend.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:02:22 PM »

I worked it as a SOSB(A) on 10M and it was open till past midnight here in EU long path. I could hear many EU stations that were working the JA path but they could not hear me but the few that were working LP into the Pacific were very easy with signals S8 or better some up to 20+ over 9.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »

I had a blast on 10 meters! Below is my map of 10 meter contacts from Utah. Lots of S. America and Hawaii. It was like I had a laser beam to Japan and I worked every JA I heard with ease. I missed the morning EU openings, so had fewer contacts there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: