Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum philosophy statement needed!  (Read 18690 times)
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »

<snipper>Of course if your personal information, private PMs, or password got stolen because of the lack of security updates, you'd probably change your tune pretty quickly. <More snipping> I've got nearly ten years of experience with these issues.  Unless you have experience with administering SMF, you'd probably be better off talking about dipoles or something radio related.

Let's hear from one single person who has had their "personal" information compromised on this site.

I've had to endure this claptrap from the security "gurus" where I've worked for years (yes, I'm an IT professional with 30 plus years in the business, oooh. Hardware, infrastructure, security, application, database, IT project management). With almost zero exceptions, it normally proves to be the wolf criers attempting to justify their own existence. Absolutely there are instances where security patches and updates need to be installed to protect sensitive information. What the hell needs to be protected on this forum? The possibility someone's account could be compromised and an interloper could post bogus content? That would probably be a hell of a lot more entertaining than your boasting about your forum admin expertise.

Give it a rest. No one is impressed. Mainly disgusted and bored with your continuous prattle about how great a SMF forum genius you are.
It takes about two seconds to "research" the information you are crowing about by the way:

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-6_changelog.txt

Not rocket science...

Don N4TTS
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 04:21:53 AM »

Let's hear from one single person who has had their "personal" information compromised on this site.

So because it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to happen? Nice logic you got there. My unlocked shed hasn't been entered and my lawnmower stolen, so by your logic it will not ever happen, so I don't need to lock it.

... Absolutely there are instances where security patches and updates need to be installed to protect sensitive information ...

^^^ QFT.

It takes about two seconds to "research" the information you are crowing about by the way:

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-6_changelog.txt

Oh good job. See all the changes they made for the security of the system? Oh no comments about the content of the logs - you just wanted to prove you can Google stuff? Yay.

Give it a rest. Mainly disgusted and bored with your continuous prattle about how great a SMF forum genius you are.

So?

As far as my advice goes, I'm posting in the correct forum board (site talk), I'm not insulting people or using bad language, and I'm not capable of forcing anyone to read any of my posts by mind control. If you are bored and disgusted, then just stop reading and go talk about antennas or radios. So, no, I don't have to "give it a rest". If the thread needs a rest then the Admins can lock it or delete it. Have they locked it? Um, it doesn't appear to be locked at the moment, or deleted.

Quoting Dizzy Dean -

"It ain't bragging if you can do it."

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 04:57:50 AM »

Give it a rest. Mainly disgusted and bored with your continuous prattle about how great a SMF forum genius you are.

So?

"It ain't bragging if you can do it."

Those that can do it, have no need to brag...

Stan K9IUQ
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 05:01:04 AM »

Those that can do it, have no need to brag...

Stan K9IUQ

See what I mean? People just can't stop posting in response to my posts here. I must have some sort of mind control after all.  Cool

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 05:02:29 AM »

So, no, I don't have to "give it a rest".

You would be better served by giving it a rest (bragging about how great you are) and instead study for the Extra Class license....

Stan K9IUQ
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 05:15:22 AM »

You would be better served by giving it a rest (bragging about how great you are) and instead study for the Extra Class license....

Stan K9IUQ

I can work all the bands now with a General, why do I need an Extra class license? For prestige? (Observe: I'm trying to change the conversation back to radio but it probably won't work).

Note: By the way, you don't have to sign your name and call at the end of your posts, we can tell who posted it without that.

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 05:48:53 AM »

Anybody got a worthwhile topic during intermission?
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »

Anybody got a worthwhile topic during intermission?

How about people who are so enamored with themselves they scream out their own name during sex?

Don N4TTS (signing my posts any way I please thankyouverymuch)
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: