Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2m Yagi for mobile use? Suggestions?  (Read 18249 times)
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »

I also remember a picture of a 2 element 6-20 meter steppir on top of a vehicle doing like 80 mph as they tested the elements for strength in the wind.  perhaps a steppir is in your future.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »

an easy up mast can be made with a pole and 2 bolts into something solis on the vehicle, like a stake pocket. rotate it up and insert the second bolt and it is up. when done  pull the top bolt and rotate back down on the second bolt. hang what ever you want on top.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »

For "roving" in VHF-UHF contests, it's very common for folks to have multiple VHF-UHF-SHF beam antennas (yagis, quads, loop yagis, quagis, etc) installed above the roofs of their vehicles, on rotators, and not only drive 75 mph with them that way but also frequently use them while in motion.

Yes, the indicator is usually wrong unless you happen to be driving due North or something, but that doesn't really matter much.  What matters is making the contact.

If you view this web page and scroll down to the photo of a whole bunch of rovers parked side by side you can see what is done.  I had a 10-band "rover" rotating platform on the roof of my van for two of the contests: 50 MHz through 10.3 GHz, inclusive.  All the antennas mount to a "box" containing all the transverters and amplifiers, with masts clamped to the box, and the whole affair mounted on a rotating platform, rotated by a simple Yaesu G800SA rotator.  And it all survives highway speeds presuming you don't hit any tree limbs!

Link: http://n6nb.com/rover.htm#More_2012_results
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »

If you decide on a Loop for SSB I'd hands down take a PAR OA-144 over the M2.I love M2 beams but I think the PAR Loops are a much better choice for loops.Check them out in the eham feedback section against the M2 loops.They just work & are simple & dependable & they stay tuned as well.  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
EM80
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: