Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XZ1J - Myanmar November 15-26th  (Read 31485 times)
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »

Congrats to all who made a contact for an ATNO.  I wish the team safe travels and I can't wait to find out what Paul and Zorro have in their sleeves as their next destination Smiley

Lastly please consider making a donation to this fine dxpedition.  Without Zorro's humanitarian efforts this dxpedition would not have been possible.  Your donation not only helps to cover the dxpedition costs but also help feed hungry children in Myanmar.

Jonathan W6GX
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »

Guys, thank you for all of your sentiments. It's rewarding to hear that the folks at home are satisfied with our effort. This morning we hit 20 SSB and 15 RTTY for NA. We have now consolidated down to one shack with two stations. In 24 hrs, we will QRT for good.

Thank you for giving us the pleasure of working you!

Paul N6PSE
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2013, 05:16:57 AM »

Thanks goes to the XZ1J team for doing such a superb job of giving everyone the opportunity to work Myanmar.  Especially following the openings to NA.  If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong but on Sunday night, Nov 25th Eastern time I believe I heard one of the XZ1J team members giving an "Out Of Turn Caller" hell.  My hat is off to the XZ1J operator who did that.  OOTC'ers are low life's and a menace to society and the ham radio community.  Great dxpedition XZ1J!!!!!

73 Randy AJ7G
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2013, 06:26:29 AM »

Report from yesterday 20M SSB. 14.190 I could not hear Peter who was mostly working SA. I came back like 0003Z and you were like s5 . I called up at 240. I think another 5 and myself had a similar call. I stopped calling so he could get through. Anyway your signal was gone by 0016Z.
Are bands deteriorating ? Falling SFI numbers ?

Sure wish I could have managed the 40M QSO. With N5AN and myself on same freq made things confusing.

good job

73 Tony N5UD
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2013, 08:22:22 AM »

Are bands deteriorating ? Falling SFI numbers ?

Last night was a weird night.  I heard XZ1J on both 20m and 15m simultaneously at 0010z.  Then I went out to dinner.  When I came back at 0300z all of the higher bands were dead as a doornail.  Not even a peep of any kind on 20m.  Not even stateside stations could be heard.

Then I walked into the shack this morning at 1600z and heard Krish on 20m loud and clear.  Go figure!!!

Jonathan W6GX
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »

Please give my thanks to the team Paul for the ATNO, and I really appreciated your help on getting 10 and 12 meters in the log Smiley I didn't make it on 30, 40, or 80 but if there is another DX'pedition there next year, I'll be sure to try harder for those bands Smiley Be safe on your travel home guys.

John K7KB
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »

Immediately after making contact with XZ1J I rushed to this forum to announce that I had made a QSO with the Dxpedition. Imagine my disappointment when I checked Club Log the following morning and didn't see my call sign listed. My first thought was, here we go again. Fortunately this Dxpedition has a Facebook page (very 21st century) and I was able to contact members of the group who have assured me that they've noted the error and have corrected the log. Although I've done so on Facebook I want to publicly thank the members of this Dxpediton for not only providing the worlds Amateur radio operators an exciting new target but also finding the time to very quickly answer my questions. What a great community of people from all over the world. I was away from the hobby for over 10 years but since returning in 2011 I've vowed to myself to never allow that to happen again. As one of my first contacts after returning to the air told me, "It's magic"!  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:33:31 AM by WB2KSP » Logged
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »

D'oh! My timing was terrible and despite several spots that were promising, when I actually got to the radio, I never did hear them well enough to get them in the log. I thought they had another couple days and I was going to buckle down and seal the deal today or tomorrow. :-(

Paul, you guys ran a great operation. I hope you're able to get back to Myanmar soon. There are still a lot of folks that need it for an ATNO.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »

D'oh! My timing was terrible and despite several spots that were promising, when I actually got to the radio, I never did hear them well enough to get them in the log. I thought they had another couple days and I was going to buckle down and seal the deal today or tomorrow. :-(

Paul, you guys ran a great operation. I hope you're able to get back to Myanmar soon. There are still a lot of folks that need it for an ATNO.

Same here, unable to hear them at all.  At my new qth with no antenna CC&R, it's difficult using a stealth vertical.  I'm sure they'll be more DXpeditions to Myanmar in 2014 as the country is now more open to tourists.  Thanks Paul and Zorro for a great DXpedition and have a safe trip back home.

Aloha

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: November 25, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »

XZ1J is now QRT. All of our equipment is packed and is on the way to the airport. Soon, the team members will be making their way to their home countries.

We are thankful for the support that we have received from the NCDXF, NCDXC, INDEXA, the Araucaria DX Group, the Intrepid-DX Group, DX Italia, the German DX Foundation, the Danish DX Group and others.

Please see Club Log for our OQRS

Sincerely,

The XZ1J Team
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »

Paul,

Regards to the team for a great DXpedition and have a safe trip home.  It was great to catch XZ1J on Topband this morning.  I didn't chase you guys that hard since I had worked Zorro and Champ on all bands last month and I wanted to give others the opportunity.

73, Dave
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »

Look forward to hearing all about it in Dayton next year <grin>. Wishing you and the team a safe trip home and thanks for all the bands and modes...although I'm still smarting from missing out on lowband and RTTY Qs, darnit! OQRS+donation sent and looking forward to the confirmations!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2013, 10:52:20 PM »

Cheesy Have a safe trip home, 73  Cheesy

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07:57 AM »

One Q for a ATNO here, I was over in W5 for all but the last day so happy with one Q, hopefully it will get activated again soon to get a few more slots

Safe trip home to all the team,

Trevor
EI2GLB
K8CMO

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2013, 09:11:57 AM »

I really appreciated this one.  Thanks very much.  Now for the confirmation that will give me Honor Roll status once again--#350.  I had a QSL from XZ5A years ago but was never good for DXCC.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: