Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody ordered from amateurradiosupplies.com?  (Read 17351 times)
KK4RXN

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

I ordered a balun and 18' of coax a couple of weeks ago from amateurradiosupplies.com because I didn't really have time to make a balun, plus they had free shipping. After going back and forth with them through their forum email system (and calling several times with no response), I got a package today - with only the coax. No balun.

Have you guys ordered from them before? Are they hard to deal with? I just told them to refund my balun money since it wasn't in the package. 2 weeks to me is kind of ridiculous in this day and time without good communication. I'll just make one or buy one at the Shelby Hamfest this weekend.

---------------

Barry
KK4RXN
Jeremiah 29:11-13 / John 3:16
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »

Yes.  I experienced the same issues.

I do not appreciate an email correspondence where NO telephone communication is readily available between I and a sales representative.

I waited well beyond a reasonable delivery period for an item and was unable to satisfy any mutual communications as to the whereabouts of a pre paid item.

Upon my request,They promptly cancelled the purchase and implemented an immediate refund.

The corporate decision to compete in this market should include a personal contact option regardless of no harm to the customer intended.
KK4RXN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »

Absolutely. Calling in the first time I thought would be a great experience and I'd get it rectified - but after about 4 calls and no response whatsoever, I had to turn to the forum email system they have set up. I will give them credit that MOST of the time they do respond there, but I know of a couple of times they didn't.

I will not be ordering from them again, for sure. I've had much better response from ebay vendors than I did from amateurradiosupplies.com.

---------------

Barry
KK4RXN
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

When I am traveling, and need a Bal-Un or Un-Un ... standard or custom design,
I call or e-mail Bob at Balun Designs.  bob@balundesigns.com

Balun Designs
http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/StoreFront

For coaxial cable purchases (spools or custom),

I call Pres at The Wireman;
http://www.thewireman.com/

e-mail Davis RF; or
http://www.davisrf.com/amateur.php

call Joel at The RF Connection.
http://www.therfc.com/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:54:14 AM by W9GB » Logged
KK4RXN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

Yes - The Wireman is very nearby, too, and I plan to do business with them soon.

---------------

Barry
KK4RXN
KV4PL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »

I ordered coax and a g5rv from them. There web site was broke and I couldn't track my order or see that I ordered anything. The coax was on back order and after about 2 weeks and several emails,  I got the coax and no antenna. Finally after 3 more days the antenna shows up. Very poorly run company. First and last time I'll order anything from them.
N8JF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:20 AM »

I ordered 100 ft of rotor cable and some pl259's on the 11th of this month. I have yet to receive them. I've tried emails, telephone calls, visits to their claims page, and yesterday requested cancellation of my order. That request ironically now awaits assignment to a customer service person.

I most certainly will never do business with this outfit again.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!
KK4RXN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »

I sent several emails to the person that responded to me a time or two, Sara Craig. They refunded the money for the balun that I ordered through PayPal just now (after I threatened to contact the Better Business Bureau).

I highly recommend for anyone to stay away from this company unless you have plenty of time, money and patience.

---------------

Barry
KK4RXN
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 03:04:44 PM »

Quote from: KK4RXN
The Wireman is very nearby, too, and I plan to do business with them soon.
Barry -

You are very foolish, if you don't take the time, to call Pres, N9UG and
at least setup a time to have coffee for 30 to 40 minutes.  
You have a neighborhood resource many envy -- and wish they had.
You will learn more (correct information & theory - why) -- than spending a year with Q&A on the Internet.

I have known Pres since the early-1970s, when I started in amateur radio from SWL,
and he sold various antenna wire and coaxial cable at Midwest hamfests.
He can set you up with almost anything you would need.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:06:50 PM by W9GB » Logged
KF5WTB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:34 AM »

I have ordered from them twice, and same problem both times. SLOW SHIPPING. Last order was fro 3 or 4 items made on the 17th of August. I ordered from Ham radio outlet and another company the same day, had both those orders on thur and fri of the following week. Still waiting on the ARS order, called them Friday, they said they were waiting on the 50ft of lmr-400 coax on the order.
Always a problem with those guys. Try not to use them. O yeah, I had a couple of emails from Sara Craig on my first order, Guess she has to try to clean up their messes for them. And at the top of their page it says "FAST SHIPPING"  LOL!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:41:24 AM by KF5WTB » Logged
KE0Q

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 09:55:22 AM »

It would be hard to rival DX Engineering.  Their products and service are excellent!  I've especially liked their coax cable assemblies.  The coax assemblies are absolutely the best for the price. -- KE0Q
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »

Jeff, the owner of Amateur Radio Supplies, posted in a couple of other threads here about sending him an e-mail directly if you had problems.  I sent him anve-mail Thursday afternoon and the next afternoon I received a response that he was working on it.  40 minutes late I received the shipping confirmation.  I'll know more on Friday when the package arrives.

N5NNS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 04:19:13 AM »

Greetings to all!

Yes I ordered 2 - 250 rolls of coax and called for specs once in the past year. I love to build, design and try antennas and live on a mountain on 10 1/2 acres so I enjoy making a mess, hihi.

Both orders were delivered within 5 working days and the call was answered first try and I was given the information I needed. So no complaints from me, excellent prices also.

N5NNS (N5 No Non Sense)
George
WA7IRY

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »

FWIW:  I've placed two small parts orders (ladder line, coax connectors) via their website in the last two months.  Was very impressed by the decent prices and fast shipping, i.e. 4 days coast-to-coast.  Received adequate communications from them about the orders (confirmation, shipping, etc.)   

I'm very satisfied so far...

-- Rod  N7ZR  (ex-WA7IRY)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: