The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DUEL POLARIZED FOX HUNT LOCATER  (Read 2458 times)
KD4YSH

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:28:11 AM »

This 20 inch double cross locator works every time the side lobe pickup is great also but pin points so the direction is a given. This antenna cab be build for any band even CB radio fox hunts the freq. range can be tuned with a simple matching coil and a adjustable pot. The plane for this antenna can be found on "instructables.com" I hope they keep the instructions up and posted I built this antenna for 8 .00
N4NLQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:34:37 PM »

There are literally THOUSANDS of projects on this website.  Do you think maybe you could expand on the URL a bit to get me a little closer to the location of your antenna project?

Thanks,
Allan - N4NLQ
KD4YSH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:34 AM »

N4NLQ MOST WEBSITES EVEN "INSTRUCTABLES"HAVE THIS LITTLE BOX CALLED "SEARCH BOX" OR SOMETIMES JUST "SEARCH" YOU CLICK THIS BOX AND SEARCH FOR COOKIE DOUGH, NO IT WOULD BE ANTENNAS. IF YOU NEED HELP ASK A FRIEND TO HELP YOU SEARCH ON THIS WEB SITE, I DID NOT KNOW MAYBE YOU ARE CHALLANGED WITH YOU ABILITIES BUT I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU SEARCH FOR THIS ANTENNA. THERE ARE USUALLY FREE COMPUTER COURSES IN MOST CITIES YOU CAN CHECK ON, GOOD LUCK.
N4NLQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 10:14:46 AM »

Thank you so much for your concern about my lack of computer knowledge.  I was working with computers while Bill Gates was still in diapers and Microsoft hadn't even been imagined.  The first version of Windows I had any real success with came on 3 1/2 inch floppies - it crashed almost hourly.  I have also written software in AppleSoft, Apple BASIC, GWBASIC, C, Turbo C, and Turbo C++.  I have taught computer courses on a college level.  I claim familiarity. 

I am well aware of a website's search function.  The description you gave in your post, "DUEL (sic) POLARIZED FOX HUNT LOCATOR" yielded no usable results but did show projects for everything from polarized lenses to fox cages to dual yarn knitting projects.  Using your second search term, "antennas"  was much more fruitful....if you need wi-fi stuff, car antennas, TV antennas, brazing rod ground planes and tape measure beams.  I even tried both your hints in one search.  I was never able to find a spot where all your search terms came together.  It would seem to me that if you are proud enough of your antenna project discovery that you would post it on eHam, you would also be happy to show it to others.  I would greatly appreciate your help in assisting me to locate the project page for your DF antenna.

Thanks,
Allan - N4NLQ   
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 02:46:59 PM »

Why would you want a 'dual" or cross polarized antenna? 

The most difficult part of DF'ing is selectivity.   Having a single polarity antenna is one more tool for improving bearing accuracy.
ESTEFAN2020

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »

Maybe someone placed the fox up in a tree horizontally, just to play tricks with the hunt. Didn't find the link ether, guess its another fox.

Why not spoon-feed us the actual page link, which incidentally contains the domain (unless a url shortener is used), it would be less convoluted, and more direct to the point. Time for a new keyboard, caps-lock got stuck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: