Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Field programing trick for BYONICS PICCON controller. HTX-200 fix.  (Read 1174 times)
KB9CFH

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »

Cool When you program the PICCON you usually send the DTMF tones direct to the controller either by hard line or by radio. This is fine if you only want to use the same tone sequence and CW message for the entire hunt. If you want to change the programing during the hunt, you have to send a whole new string of DTMF to the controller and out in the field this can be very tedious. A solution for this is to make up the program, and instead of sending it direct to the controller, send it to a DIGITAL AUDIO RECORDER. The recorder will make a MP3 file of the DTMF. It can be saved to a computer or sent directly or over radio to the controller. This way, instead of having to try to punch in all the new DTMF numbers to change the program, all you have to do is push the play button on the Digital Audio Recorder. Saves lots of time and frustration in the field.
I found a problem using the HTX-200 radios with the PICCON. The radios don't like both the mic and earphone grounds tied together. I found I could have the radio transmit OK but when I tried to send programing with another radio, it would not take the commands. I found out if you put a small audio isolation transformer in line with the earphone output from the HTX-200 to the input of the PICCON, you get the receive back and can send commands from another radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: