Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Log software for Mac  (Read 3267 times)
KR4TH

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

I am using a mac now and want to switch from a paper log to a computer log.  Iread the reviews on the RUM log and Aether log,  They both sound good.  I will use the log to keep track of dx for dxcc etc, I am not into contests.  I also will upload to LoTW and would like that to be easy

Have you used tried these two programs?  If so which you do prefer.

Jerry
KL0S

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »

I use Aether and once you set it up for LOTW the update process is one mouse click.

Dino KL0S
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 04:33:01 AM »

I am using a mac now and want to switch from a paper log to a computer log.  Iread the reviews on the RUM log and Aether log,  They both sound good.  I will use the log to keep track of dx for dxcc etc, I am not into contests.  I also will upload to LoTW and would like that to be easy

Have you used tried these two programs?  If so which you do prefer.

Jerry

I've tried both and both will handle LoTW with one-click upload/download.  They also work just the same with eQSL making both LoTW and eQSL absolutely painless. 

I prefer RUMlog, others Aether.  Aether is more "Mac-like" while RUMlog is more "lean & mean".  RUMlog is written by a DXer for DXers, but either will meet your needs.  RUMlog is free, and Aether has a free trial (from the website, not the App Store) so try them both and see which you prefer.

If you do decide to get into contesting, RUMlog's author also has created RUMped, which is an excellent contest logger.  The other main contest logger on Mac is SkookumLogger. 

Finally, if you're into Digital Signals at all, then RUMlog's tight integration with Fldigi may be more up your alley.  Aether can support auto-import of Fldigi logs via an AppleScript, if I recall correctly, but RUMlog's intergration is built-in. 

Again, try them both and make your own decision.

Dave
K3DCW
KR4TH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »

Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions.  I down loaded rumlog and will down load  aether tomorrow and log in 20 contacts with each and make my decision

Jerry
KR4TH
N5XO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »

I have been using MacLoggerDX from dogPark...and can not recommend it enough. It is great, problem free. I have been using it for almost 8 years now with zero problems and excellent support.

K3NB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »

I have been using MacLoggerDX from dogPark...and can not recommend it enough. It is great, problem free. I have been using it for almost 8 years now with zero problems and excellent support.

First I've heard of the program.  Looks promising.  I was considering HRD - again, my trial ran out before I got to use it much while I was working on getting an antenna up - I'll look into this more.  Thanks.

"Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission." - L. Niel Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: