Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hendricks qrp kits  (Read 9980 times)
VE3CUS

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:58:07 PM »

Does anyone know if this company is still in business? I ordered several kits several weeks ago, and wanted to follow up with several questions. I have sent 3 emails and have received no response. Also tried calling several times and just get voicemail.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent - VE3CUS
M0SVB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33:10 AM »

You have to bare in mind that you are dealing with a one man band, but on the other hand I hear a lot of responses like yours. When I ordered my BITX20a I never had any email informing me the kit had shipped, it just eventually turned up, I gather this is normal. I had the two IRF510 and the polyvaricon missing, it wasn't worth emailing and requesting as I had a bag of IRF510's and was going to fit a 10 turn pot for varicap tuning.

Steve M0SVB
VE3CUS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »

Thanks Steve. How long did it take to get your kit?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »

I have ordered a couple kits from Hendricks.
The kits were complete, good quality, decent documentation.

BUT....a few years ago my wife ordered me a BITX20A
for my Birthday....in plenty of time, over two weeks.
It arrived two weeks after my birthday. When we enquired
as to the delay, he said that he "Had been on vacation for three weeks".

That's fine and dandy, vacations are good!
I'm a reasonable guy......
HOWEVER.....a notice could easily have been put up on
the ordering page announcing a delay in shipping due to his holiday....
73, Ken  AD6KA
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:08:58 AM »

Quote from: VE3CYS
Does anyone know if this company is still in business?
YES, Still in Business !!

Just received my KD1JV Digital Dial yesterday.
About 2 weeks after my Internet order.
http://www.qrpkits.com/freqcounter.html

USPS shipments from UK are now taking almost 3 weeks (same time as Hong Kong shipments).
KD2FAR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »

They are in business but it is unlikely you will ever get an email reply to any queries. Between dreaming up projects, kitting them, and sending them off I can't imagine there's much time left to get on the air; never mind answering email. I ordered two items from Hendricks and one arrived, while the other did not until a few days after I have opened a case with paypal. In hindsight I should have just waited a few more days but I was sort of anxious to get going. I can tell you that if you order from his site be ready to wait. If eventually you feel your kit may have gotten lost in the mail and you open a case with paypal he will respond in the most professional and courteous manner possible. I'm on the opposite cost (NY, he ships from CA) and it took nearly four weeks for my kits to arrive. There were tracking numbers from USPS on the boxes, but I wasn't given them.

I'll tell you this though, they're some pretty nice kits with easy to follow directions. Unlike a good number of kits out there the directions from Hendricks often have checks that you can make with your multimeter as you go along and explanations of what those checks are actually showing you. I learned a lot more building the NADCC transceiver and Regen Receiver than I would have from a "put this here and that there, turn it on and pray" sort of thing. They got me interested in putting together a real homebrew rig. If I was still interested in kits I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Hendricks again.

For dinner on May 27, 1844 S.F.B. Morse had mutton chop and strawberries.
KC9TSO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:11:36 AM »

My wife ordered me a 75M Survivor and it took almost a month to get it. Only one problem when I opened it on Christmas. The main PC board was missing from the kit. She has sent an email and I just tried calling and got the response that his voice mail is full. I am unsure how to remedy the situation. After reading some of these posts, I am kinda worried I am going to just have this aluminum case with loose parts in it forever. Anyone have any ideas?
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

My wife ordered me a 75M Survivor and it took almost a month to get it. Only one problem when I opened it on Christmas. The main PC board was missing from the kit. She has sent an email and I just tried calling and got the response that his voice mail is full. I am unsure how to remedy the situation. After reading some of these posts, I am kinda worried I am going to just have this aluminum case with loose parts in it forever. Anyone have any ideas?

You could try (I know its slow and old fashioned) writing them a letter. And I am serious. If you can't get through by phone or email, what's left? A 50ยข investment beats a "case with loose parts in it forever".  Grin
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 05:38:42 PM »

Hmmm,

I received mine by Priority Mail and am building it now.  I found the components, board housing and etc. to be quite good.  I'm stretching it out, doing maybe one hour per day of assembly.  No rush, but so far - very pleased.

de Ray
W7ASA ..._  ._
KK4UWE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 10:19:30 AM »

There is (now) a message on the home page that "he is taking a well deserved trip until after the first of the year", so I guess we'll all have to wait a little longer.

Greg
KK4UWE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: