Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow morse around the world  (Read 228 times)
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« on: Yesterday at 10:13:42 PM »

Does anyone know of scheduled, slow morse practice transmissions, other than those from the ARRL?

I'm located in south-east Asia, so reception of the ARRL transmissions could be difficult.  Same goes for those from the RSGB in the UK.

I was hoping that JARL (Japan) provided such practice transmissions, but I can't locate any details from Google.

Simon
M0LEP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:31:31 AM »

Does anyone know of scheduled, slow morse practice transmissions, other than those from the ARRL?

Good hunting. I've not found any other than W1AW (from ARRL) and GB2CW (from RSGB) yet.

However, the ARRL ones are transmitted on several frequencies simultaneously, so your chances of hearing them are better than some, but they're transmitted on a time schedule to suit North America, so even if you can hear them it's usually not (shall we say) at the best time of day...

73, Rick M0LEP
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:08:27 AM »

I have used these files for practice to test my receiving and to get text which I mark off in minutes to test my sending http://www.smrcc.org.uk/Morse/morse.htm
Andrew
GW3OQK
W5UXH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:18:27 AM »

I think you can download the ARRL code practice files (MP3 format) from this link:  http://www.arrl.org/code-practice-files

Chuck, W5UXH
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:35:00 AM »

Pertaining to GW3OQK, that's exactly the URL site that I needed.  Due to my handicap, can only do about 18wpm.

Already listen to the code transmissions on the ARRL site, BUT I like your URL better (you can choose speeds, formats, convos, letters, etc.).

Ken KC8Y 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: