Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for feed back for the Superstition Amateur Radio Club Superfest  (Read 33568 times)
WN2C

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:06:06 AM »

The club is looking for feed back on how the hamfest was from those that attended.  What went right?
What went wrong?  What could we do better?  Keep in mind this is the first year that it has been held at a new location.
Did the location have any bearing on whether you attended or not?

Thanks...de Rick Wn2C
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »

A FIRST!!!

Somebody has enough smarts to look for feedback on their fest!

We need more like you and your group!

N9LCD

WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »

A FIRST!!!

N9LCD

And from the response (or should I say lack of it) it may be A LAST.
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 06:57:44 AM »

A FIRST!!!

N9LCD

Well not everybody on eham forums lives in the Phoenix area.  I was hoping that some who do live in the Phoenix area would respond.

And from the response (or should I say lack of it) it may be A LAST.
KA0SBL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »

How was the turnout? Schnepf Farms is a great venue. I'm about 22 miles North of the old MCC location, so it was a bit far for me and I'm not currently looking for anything so I didn't go this year.
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »

I am in northwest Peoria so the new location was a bit too far away for us, plus the reports that the flea market would not start until late morning discouraged my friends.  We know now that there were two separate flea markets, but somehow that fact got missed in the announcements.  We will know better next year but the new venue is still a bit too far away for us NW valley dwellers.
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 02:49:08 AM »

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. But that weekend we had snow. It wasn't a lot of snow, but enough to close some of the roads. I will try again next year.

When I lived in the valley (Peoria - 75th and Peoria Ave.), I use to go to all of ham fests. But now I live about 150 miles north of Phoenix. So I have to plan based on the weather.

Martin - K7MEM

http://www.k7mem.com
W5RCQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:47 AM »

I attended the Superstition Club Hamfest and I attend most of the Hamfests in the Phoenix area.  I was disappointed.  The information about the Hamfest was misleading and incomplete.  The venue was in a cow pasture that was spread out to the point that just walking around was difficult and time consuming.  If it had of rained it would have been a complete disaster. I watched as a wheel chair bound ham as his friend tried to navigate the pasture with a lot of effort.  There were no bathroom facilities anywhere close and I never found anyone selling the usual coffee and donuts.  The old Mesa Community College Hamfest was always a bright spot in my life but this new venue was not even close.  I most likely will not attend next year.
73 W5RCQ
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »

W5RCQ.

You realize that there was a full service restaurant on site? The SARC cant sell food without someone with a food handlers card on site. So NO coffee and donuts.

And you also realize that the MCC site is gone forever. The city regulated it out of the reach of the club funds. They wanted $35 for EACH fleamarket vendor period..

The club did pretty good for their first time out at this location. yes there were things that were not good but one has to learn.
There were many things learned and the fest will be better next time. I am not an active member of that club but I try to support all clubs willing to take the time and effort to have a fest these days. seems people like to complain but have no idea what is involved in events like this.

Onward and up ward!!!  Dan/NØFPE

KK7GB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »

I too miss the MCC site, but I do not see it as justification for not going to the farm site.

I liked the idea of the flea market starting later. The new site is a long drive (unless you live in Queen Creek). Some of us work nights and do not get off until late. By starting later, I was able to review the wares before the 0500 crowd scarfed them up.

If it rained, if it snowed, if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass. You cannot prepare for every eventuality.

I have been attending since I got my license 7 years ago, and will continue to attend as long as possible.

I think the club does a great job, and no, I am not a member. I work the night of the meeting.
WB7X

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »

Looks like 2014 back at MCC.
K2LGO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 03:39:01 AM »

N9LCD hit the nail right on the head...A club that not only put on a hamfest, but looked for feedback...GREAT...I've been hamming for a good while, and attended more hamfest than I can remember, and I've come to realize that putting on a hamfest is not for a group that is not 100% dedicated...Its tons of work, and these days in most cases cost intensive...
My hats off to the Superstition club, and any other club that can put on a hamfest these days.....and who knows maybe they set the bar a little higher by asking for feedback, and other clubs will follow suit...
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »

http://www.superstitionsuperfest.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: