Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel when radio doesn't work?  (Read 3034 times)
KC9VZB

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »

I was trying to check into awful awful ugly net and nobody could hear me.I turn on the amp and try again.nothing.power,swr look fine but nobody can here me.I felt like there was a death in the family.It was all I could think about all day.Then I remember trying to get rid of some noise the night before,the split light was lit,so I suppose I was transmitting off a ways. 
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »

Angry I feel sad.

73s

K2OWK
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »

I feel good,a change of pace and a chance to get my tools out and attempt repairs.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »

Sometimes I feel blinded when I'm forced to go outside and that big yellow thing shines in my eyes.   Shocked
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:27:05 PM »

Understand this.  It is late at night and I should be going to bed instead of setting here on eHam.

Then I remember trying to get rid of some noise the night before,the split light was lit,so I suppose I was transmitting off a ways.

With that understanding and the fact that I've read the above quote 6 times, would you please tell me what the hell that means?

KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 11:06:15 PM »

Understand this.  It is late at night and I should be going to bed instead of setting here on eHam.

Then I remember trying to get rid of some noise the night before,the split light was lit,so I suppose I was transmitting off a ways.

With that understanding and the fact that I've read the above quote 6 times, would you please tell me what the hell that means?

The "split" light was on. He was transmitting on a frequency other than the one he was receiving

more words about that here : http://www.delta-alfa.com/working-split/
KI5WW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 01:05:42 PM »

I havnt did that one yet. Probably cuz i dont chase dx nor do i use split. But on the orher hand i was playing with some repeaters  on ten meters the orher dAy. Hell, i better go check. Thanks
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »

VZB:  To answer your specific question,"How do you feel when radio doesn't work?"

I want to throw up!  Sometimes I get depressed.  Sometimes I wonder why in the world I am involved with something that creates problems for me.  Sometimes I visualize taking one of my deer rifles out of the rack and blowing the whole damn mess to hell!

One year I had almost everything in the shack crap out, one after another!  That was a fun year!

This is an effect of old age.  Old people don't like anything that rocks the boat!

Al - K8AXW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: