Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Shack 20-210A headphones - any still out there  (Read 1218 times)
AG5T

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »

I used to have some mono headphones made by Archer/Radio Shack and they worked great for many years until they wore out. I have checked Radio Shack's website but it appears these type headphones are no longer sold. Anyone know if someone else is selling a similar type headphone. I also had great luck with a dollar store Sony set, but after several years it came apart. tnx
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:46:37 PM »

I think the 210A has been replaced by the $19.00 Koss stereo headphones they (RS) now sell. I have 2 sets of these and you can test drive them in the store to see if they meet your needs. I'm not a Hi Fidelity nut but their excellent for CW. I use them mono with the adapter plug.
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »

I got a mono headset at a hamfest that does a real good job.

It is a Explorer (tm) by Telex (tm)

I think I paid about $5 for it.

Really comfortable. Soft ear pads.
N6GND

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »

There are some new Telex headsets available on ebay for about $10 including shipping. Designed for use in classrooms so quite well-built. I bought a set. Available in baby blue or brown if that matters. They are very sturdy and work fine.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »

Take a look at these

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KTXPRO1-Titanium-Portable-Headphones/dp/B00007056H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388346549&sr=8-1&keywords=radio+shack+pro+35+headphones

These are the same as the Radio Shack Pro 35A which I use for ssb and cw.   I think that you will like them

Mark N1UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: