Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portable generators are these OK what do I look for ?  (Read 24408 times)
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 12:03:38 PM »

If it's a true Chonda the engine parts will swap. BTW mine has always worked when needed and it has be severely over loaded at times too and still running strong. I can buy a new 2000 watt chonda here for 200 to 250 every day. How much for a 2k honda?

So what is the make and model number of this Chonda? And where do you buy it/them? That will be the final tell all to your argument. Without those 3 details, your just barking in the wind. Your wisdom has had no proof of comparison to defend your claims without such details.

Not to mention that if your claims are really true, it would be great information for others so they don't "waste their money" as you so often say.

Time to put up or shut up! Time to man up and give details! It is only your credibility at stake here.

No price on Honda?  I have seen Chondas at a place called Rural King, Tractor Supply and Menards to name a few

I thought you own them by what you have said. So you have no make or model number? Plus it was not me who even cares about the price. I am more interested in proving or dis proving your statement that the Chinese Hondas are interchangeable with Honda parts and vice versa. But as usual, you didn't provide any useful information to back your claim. Typical W8JX answers...lots of words with no substance. It is what I expected based on your past exchanges.

Your comment makes no sense. Maybe because I have not drank the Honda koolaid. Bottom line is if it makes you feel good to spend a lot for a little then go for it. Myself I want value for my dollar and I have had no problems with knock offs and I am considering getting another one too. BTW the few generators I have seen fail mechanically have been from lack of oil or oil changes. I have seen I few units that burned oil because their owner's would run them for several days or longer and never change oil. Oil is very critical because not only for luring but also for cooling internal b
Parts too.

Of course it makes no sense to you. Because you can't answer the question. When details can't be told, tell the person I can't understand them and hope they go away and don't ask again.

So lets keep it simple. Are you ready?

What  company  builds  these  Chinese  Hondas  that  cost  so  little?

Ready for the second question? Here it comes.

What  is  the  model  number  of  these  Chinese Hondas  that  cost  so  little?

Was that simple enough for you yet? Can you answer these 2 little questions? Is this too difficult for you? Sorry but this web site does not have crayons so you will have to actually type words!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »

Gee i do not keep a list but you can tell by looking at engine. I guess it is too hard to figure out without detailed info huh?

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »

Gee i do not keep a list but you can tell by looking at engine. I guess it is too hard to figure out without detailed info huh?

LOL Cheesy This proves your a fraud. Any good ham knows what they have for equipment that they use. And if you don't have one to know, then you are a hypocrite to your own words.

Good luck fraud.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 03:58:22 AM »

LOL Cheesy This proves your a fraud. Any good ham knows what they have for equipment that they use. And if you don't have one to know, then you are a hypocrite to your own words.

Good luck fraud.

Not at all I meant to say it was too hard for YOU to figure out without a detailed guide. One thing for sure you are addicted to the Honda koolaid. I you like buying over price stuff thats your right to do so. 

All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »

Good luck fraud.

Not at all I meant to say it was too hard for YOU to figure out without a detailed guide. One thing for sure you are addicted to the Honda koolaid. I you like buying over price stuff thats your right to do so. 

As I have stated to you many times, I don't own a Honda. Goes to show you can't read as well as being a fraud.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 09:50:30 AM »

W8JX, just curious, what is the make and model of your generator?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 10:01:57 AM »

Which one I have 3 at moment

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 10:13:51 AM »

Something of the smaller variety, 2k size (comparable to perhaps the honda eu2000)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »

Something of the smaller variety, 2k size (comparable to perhaps the honda eu2000)

Closest to one would be my 2500/3300 Chonda I bought over 6 years ago for 200 bucks. I call it my 3k because i have loaded it to that level a few times and it held load so it is conservatively rated. Burns about a quart an hour with a moderate load and has a 4 gallon tank. I has about 200 hours or a bit less on it now. I uses no oil to speak of between changes. I shut fuel off and run carb dry using choke at end. When I start it I turn fuel on and wait 30 sec or so and choke it and pull too start it and it almost always starts first pull and it has never taken more than 2 pulls. Its in garage covered up in storage so cannot see brand at moment. 

W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »

...Its in garage covered up in storage so cannot see brand at moment. 

Does the cover lift up enough to expose the make and model?

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:39 AM »

Its in a box and a few things are stacked on top of it too. Just bought another small generator too.

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!!!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »

Just bought another small generator too.

BTW it's a Duracell 1200 watt Inverter generator that weighs 28 lbs

KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2014, 02:11:31 PM »

Save your money. The EU2000 is the most over priced unit on planet. If you need quite there are a few clones as quite as Honda and cost far less. This is not 1980 when units were primitive. There are a lot of fine clones out there that are very reliable.

Spend the extra money and get the Honda EU2000i, money well spent.  I have been down the cheap tool route and I am finished with that. I want stuff to work when I need it and parts to be available when I need it and not have to buy a half rack of the lower priced units for spare parts. The chinese clones are hard or impossible to get parts after the 2-3 year mark.

I agree with you, I went down the cheap route and ended up buying several cheap replacements or a replacement brand name.  Only Craftsmans and Snap Ons are in my tool box after that fiasco.   I got a Honda 2000i, my wife was pissed until we had our first 4-hour blackout.  The Honda was running and she couldn't hear it which made her happy that our refr was running.

73, Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 06:22:14 PM »

I went down the cheap route and ended up buying several cheap replacements or a replacement brand name.  Only Craftsmans and Snap Ons are in my tool box after that fiasco.   I got a Honda 2000i, my wife was pissed until we had our first 4-hour blackout.  The Honda was running and she couldn't hear it which made her happy that our refr was running.

My wife was happy several years ago when my 3k 200 dollar Chonda ran for 5 days about 14 hours a day without missing a beat and powered her sewing stuff and lighting and even iron and TV and a fridge. The 2000i would have puked under that load. 

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: