Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas! I hope any hams can help us?  (Read 1793 times)
VE3GZB

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:47:55 AM »

Hello

I’m a ham in southern Ontario who lives about 20 minutes west of Orangeville, Ontario.

I’m in need of a new job as of January 2014. My employer’s business is closing down suddenly and unexpectedly. I’m a 25 year experienced electronic engineering technician with experience in bench repair, military electronics, industrial electronics, in RFID.

I have worked in the role of service manager and production manager as well as chief technical personnel. I also am a musician working in the ancient musical art of Psaltery.

Due to my wife’s health, I am no longer able to take jobs which require very long commutes into Toronto, I cannot do shift work, weekend work or traveling. My wife requires my assistance once her nurses and PSWs leave for the day at 5:00 pm, her state of health will not allow her to be left home alone.

Since my wife depends on nurses and PSWs, if dreadful weather interrupts their arrival then I must tend to her needs which means I absolutely require the flexibility to miss a day of work and not face any disciplinary action.

Part time work is ok, Full time work is ok.

I hope any ham will be able to help us in our time of need during this Christmas season.

Thank you, Merry Christmas and 73s,

geo VE3GZB
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:45:02 AM »

good luck
KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »

Have you considered getting on the list with Kit manufacturers, for customer who want the kit radios but don't want to build the radio themselves ? I remember seeing something about that on Elecraft's site - perhaps there might be a market  to build  KD1JV kits also.
Have you worked on radios of a manufacturer who makes Ham as well as commercial radios ? Offer to repair ham radios for that make.
Make some recordings of tunes on your Psaltery, and set up to sell them on iTunes for downloads. Post some videos on YouTube of yourself playing Psaltery. Young musicians today are using those channels to make some money - my nephew is doing it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: