Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAS CB LIDS DESTROYED THE HAM BANDS?  (Read 19026 times)
LB3KB

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »

Each of the several VECs (ARRL VEC, NCVEC, W5YI VEC, W4VEC, etc) can make up their own rules regarding such things as disclosing scores.  The VECs are directly answerable to the FCC, not the ARRL.

Also, out of the four entities you list only three are VECs.  Two of them have rules that state that the score should be disclosed, the third one haven't posted their rules on the web.

The FCC rules also state that the score should be disclosed, at least when a candidate fails.

So what possible reason could a VE team have for not letting a candidate know his/her score ?  They should all do that, always.

K4NL Sid
KB1WSY

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »

So what possible reason could a VE team have for not letting a candidate know his/her score ?  They should all do that, always.

I guess it's possible they would have told me if I'd asked. I was unfamiliar with what the score-disclosure rules might be when I took the test, so I assumed that the non-disclosure at my test site was normal. Personally I would have found it useful to know my score. I took the Tech and Gen in one sitting, and they encouraged me to then try the Extra. But I hadn't studied for the Extra at all, so it would have been a "guessing game" and I'm someone who likes to study properly, not just memorize answers.

I do remember that they gave me a form stating that I'd passed, but it didn't have my score on it. To me it would make sense if disclosing the score, in writing, were always required and why not on that form? That's what happened when I took the British test decades ago, the score was clearly stated on the "pass certificate" that I received in the mail (in those days they were essay questions, including drawing simple circuit diagrams, and you had to wait several weeks while the papers were graded).

Next time, I'll go to a different test site in hopes that they might have a different policy on the scores. There are several choices in my area. I'm going for my Extra soon.

73 de Martin, KB1WSY
LB3KB

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2014, 12:19:46 AM »

They will only tell you.  It's not on the form, and the form has no field for it.

Also, they will only tell you how many you got right, so you won't know what you missed unless you remember it.  (This is in the FCC rules, so they can't tell you what you missed even if they want to.)

K4NL Sid
N4MPM

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2014, 06:19:10 AM »

The CW portion of 10 meters has been severely bent by the Free & Associated order of Chicken Banders  ( F&ACB)
Sad
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: