Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD, DM780 locking up  (Read 5085 times)
WN2C

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:09:29 AM »

I have been off the digital modes for a while and now was looking to get back into it. Well, I fired up HRD (vers 5 build 2893) and when I go to drag a window, either the waterfall or the window you type in text, the program locks up (and the little windows busy circle just spins and spins) and if I click on the window again it tell me the program is not responding. Has any one had this problem before and what did you do to fix it?  I was thinking of reinstalling the program but not sure if this an effort in futility. Definitely not going to spend $100 bucks on vers 6.xx. at the moment. Thanks for the help in advance.

Rick WN2C

p.s.
Computer is a Gateway approximately 3 years old with a Quad core and 8 Gigs of ram and a West Mountain plug n play Rigblaster.
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »

Well you dont have to spend $100.

1. Download the 6.1.4 demo
2. Install it.
3. If you still have problems, you get 30 days free support.
4. This sounds like either the cable or one of the 42,000+ bugs we have fixed since 5.0 beta.

So there you go. 

K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »

......Rick, FWIW, I have the same version of HRD/DM780 that you do.  It works w/o any problems.

you might check the green "connect" button and see if the correct radio is selected.

GL

WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »

OK Rick. do I need to remove vers 5.xx first?
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »

Nope, it's a seamless install over 5.x
KB1TKQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »

I have the same problem except with the logger portion of the program. (spinning blue ball of death) I don't use DM780. I had the same HRD version as you and also decided to downloaded 6.1 to see if that fixed my issue. It did not. Right now I think I have a bad RS-232 serial to usb cable. My current usb to serial cable has the prolific chip....which I have now read is not very friendly with the HRD programs. Today I purchased a new RS-232 which has the FTDI chip that is suppose to be better. I'm hoping this fixes my problem but It wont be here till the 23rd. After that I'll decide if I want HRD or go with DXLabs. No issues with the DX Labs Suite of programs. Will keep you posted if you want.

Lyle

KB1TKQ
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »

I have the same problem except with the logger portion of the program. (spinning blue ball of death) I don't use DM780. I had the same HRD version as you and also decided to downloaded 6.1 to see if that fixed my issue. It did not. Right now I think I have a bad RS-232 serial to usb cable. My current usb to serial cable has the prolific chip....which I have now read is not very friendly with the HRD programs. Today I purchased a new RS-232 which has the FTDI chip that is suppose to be better. I'm hoping this fixes my problem but It wont be here till the 23rd. After that I'll decide if I want HRD or go with DXLabs. No issues with the DX Labs Suite of programs. Will keep you posted if you want.

Lyle

KB1TKQ

Yes prolifics suck bad for HRD..  you'll have better luck with FTDI

If you still have issues, open a ticket with us and Tim will get you going.

KB1TKQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »

Update.....My new ftdi cable came in today but still did not resolve my issues. Another issue I've noticed is the contacts with in do not show if they have been worked before with either a check mark or X. Weird. I'll fiddle with it again tomorrow.
KB1TKQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »

Another update.....the guys at HRD got me up and running via remote access. Some minor tweaks and an update to my qrz account and I'm in business.

Great tech support by Tim and Mike.

KB1TKQ
KB1TKQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »

another update....since my last update i have had any issues at all with HRD. Their customer support got me up and running and i'm happy happy happy.

kb1tkq

no affiliation with hrd at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: