Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CFZM -740 am Toronto  (Read 12645 times)
NO2A

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »

This is a great station. An am station playing great oldies,which vary wildly from Sinatra to Patsy Kline,to The Beatles,Motown,etc. Different nights,different music. And best of all,no talk/sports/politics. Very entertaining and easy to listen to. An am station with music,imagine that!
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »

Can't wait to get my R-390A back from Chuck Rippel and give CFZM a listen.

Dick  AD4U
WA8ZTZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:08:37 AM »

They usually have a good signal into my QTH north of Detroit even in the daytime... 50000 watts non-directional day and night.  They ID as "AM 740 Zoomer Radio, The Best of the Best".  You will probably enjoy listening to this station.  Smiley
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 05:12:01 AM »

I also enjoy their programming. Too bad more AM stations didn't have this format.
 I'm in Rochester, NY and the reception is very good both day and night. http://www.zoomerradio.ca/
VE3GNU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »

This station occupies the frequency of a former CBC station-----CBL was part of the Trans Canada Network back in the '40's and '50's---if my memory serves me right.  A sister-station CJBC on the frequency 860 was part of the Dominion Network of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation during those same years.
N9BH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:33:00 AM »

Thanks for the pointer to Zoomer.  Listened a bit on-line then searched for an app and found one.  Now I have an AM/FM transistor radio on my iPod Touch.  AM is oldies and FM is classical.  Wonderful. Smiley
KB3ZAA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »

Discovered 740 AM a couple of years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised.   I don't listen often, but it is refreshing to hear.  It also brings back the memory of regularly checking "Dominion Observatory, Canada" to get a time check when I first became a Novice back in the 50's.

Tom, KB3ZAA
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »

Nothing but a Spanish station on that freq here in AZ...

AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:50 AM »

Got my R-390A back from being restored by Chuck Rippel, but I cannot hear 740 Toronto in SC.  However even AT NOON when AM broadcast propagation is at its worst, I can hear an AM broadcast station on most every 10 KHz from the bottom of the band all the way to the top of the band.  Many of these stations are hundreds of miles away in neighboring states.  The AM broadcast reception on this receiver is nothing short of amazing.

Dick  AD4U
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: