Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radioshack Plummeting Again  (Read 10039 times)
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 06:41:59 AM »

The CEO probably already has his hand on the rip cord handle of his golden parachute.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »

The CEO probably already has his hand on the rip cord handle of his golden parachute.
Radio Shack selected new CEO from Dollar General (retail experience).

Radio Shack (RSH) Corporate Governance:
Board of Directors

Robert  E. Abernathy
Group President, North Atlantic Consumer Products
Kimberly-Clark Corp., Irving, Texas
Director since 2011

Frank J. Belatti
Managing Partner, Equicorp Partners, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia
Director since 1998

Julie  A.  Dobson
Chairman of Telebright, Inc., Rockville, Maryland
Director since 2011

Daniel  R. Feehan
Non-Executive Chairman of the Board, RadioShack Corporation, Fort Worth, Texas
President and CEO, Cash America International, Fort Worth, Texas
Director since 2003

H. Eugene Lockhart
Partner, Diamond Castle Holdings, New York, New York
Director since 2003

Jack L. Messman
Private Equity Investor and Consultant, Weston, Massachusetts
Director since 1993

Edwina  D. Woodbury
President and CEO, The Chapel Hill Press, Inc., Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Director since 1998

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:21:46 AM by W9GB » Logged
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 11:22:44 PM »

...So what would you do as the CEO?...

For starters, I'd bring back the Realistic line.  Although not top of the line, their radios, amplifiers and associated items (such as speakers) did have a good following.  I still have a pair of Realistic Optimus 45 3 way speakers that I wouldn't part with.  They're better sounding than a lot of the newer systems ever will be.
    Still have a few Realistic HTX 202s and a nice HTX 100!  Don't think I will ever sell them.
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »

I have purchased some parts from RS online. Yep, free shipping. BUT, I do not have a mailbox, since I live very close to our excellent 'one person' Post Office.
Despite numerous e-mails to the on-line store, they would not ship to the PO Box # I have. I finally had to give them the street address of the Post Office. Luckily, the Postmaster knows me and put the tiny package in my PO Box.

RS, kept telling me they are not 'set up' to ship to PO Boxes! Huh? I have purchased thousands of things from eBay (where RS listed the stuff I bought) and NEVER have anyone give me a bunch of crap like they did....

Way too inflexible.

ron
N4UE
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »

"PO box" in the minds of ship-it retailer is a rent-a-box at a slimy substation, home address of scammers and beggars who live in junk cars.  somebody somewhere has a survey that shows a number of no-pays for COD to a "PO box" so they don't ship to one.

which puts you at a disadvantage if your address is still something like Rural Route 1, because they haven't changed the address at the begging of the 911 folks to 66917 Cow Trail Passage Northeast.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »

I run across lots of Internet companies that are not equipped to ship to a PO Box. That is because they ship via UPS and UPS won't deliver to a PO Box. They are set up with UPS to use computer generated forms and UPS picks up from them daily. They have a UPS account for payment. To ship to a PO Box they'd have to process the order manually and somebody would have to take it to the post office to ship it and pay for it from petty cash account.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 01:54:14 PM »

To ship to a PO Box they'd have to process the order manually and somebody would have to take it to the post office to ship it and pay for it from petty cash account.

Small packages (under about 14 ounces) can be dropped into any mailbox.  Our letter carrier will take almost any size package from our company. For us no petty cash is involved. We use a postage meter to print precise postage.

USPS nowadays is often cheaper than UPS especially for shipping to a residence.

A shipper that only uses UPS is probably making a mistake unless he gets a huge discount. As for Radio Shack's policy,  you can bet they have a sweet deal from UPS.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:26:50 PM by K0OD » Logged
KF7VXA

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

I miss the Shack and Heathkit in the 1960's and 70's, but then I miss that time all of the time.

73's John
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »

They're like Sears.......you keep asking yourself "how do they stay in business?" 
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »

They're like Sears.......

In the mid-80s, Sears opened a nationwide chain of very nice business/computer stores. One was across from my office in an upscale area. I couldn't believe it when the manager told me they only took one brand of credit card... Sear's own. No MC. no Visa, no Amex. He explained that "virtually every man has a Sears CC." That's the thinking you get with inbred management.

A few years later the Sears computer chain shut down.

Sears Holdings survives mainly by virtue of its extensive real estate holdings. The stores are in much the same boat as Penney's.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-20/what-recovery-sears-and-jc-penney-are-dying
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »

Stunning Christmas season Sears commercial. Could be Radio Shack. A grim cry for help when they've tried everything to save the business.

"But Sears always has parking"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHE3m9ENIF8
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 06:13:11 AM »

"But Sears always has parking"

LOL!

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »

Maybe that's because--even during the Christmas season--the Sears store does have available parking while every other store around doesn't!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: