Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WalMart beef jerky is not made from beef?  (Read 10802 times)
AA4HA

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »

I heard a conversation on 20 meters today about how WalMart beef jerky made in China is actually made from people. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone heard this before?

Maybe it is only the teriyaki flavored jerky? Should I be worried?

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KI6LZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »

Have about 30 bags of peppered Beef jerky, I usually buy on sale (  for about 1$/ounce ). Now you made me go through them all just to make sure they weren't from WalMart. TNX. None were.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »

Check the packaging label on Wall Mart fish and meat and see where it is processed then be careful that the good looking red meat dye doesn't permanently stain your best china. Can't vouch for jerked people but last year a local Chinese restaurant here in town got a hefty fine when they got caught with some of the local pigeons and seagulls in their freezers.  
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

From http://www.science.time.com comes some information (maybe)...

Last January, horse DNA was found in a number of hamburgers for sale in Britain and Ireland, with one sample burger tested by Irish authorities turning out to be 29% horse. That touched off a multi-month scandal in Europe, as additional tests found horse DNA in about 5% of beef samples across the region. Tens of millions of burgers and beef products across Europe were withdrawn, although it’s still not clear whether suppliers knowingly used cheaper horse meat to adulterate their beef, or whether the contamination happened by accident.
     Last May Chinese authorities arrested nearly 1,000 people for “meat-related offenses,” including a gang that made millions of dollars passing off fox, mink and rat meat as more expensive lamb. Another group of suspects produced fake beef and lamb jerky from duck.
    Last February, the environmental non-profit group Oceana tested fish taken from around the U.S. and found that about a third of the samples were mislabeled. Between one-fifth to more than one-third of the supposed halibut, grouper, cod and Chilean sea bass samples were something other than what they were said to be, with cheaper fish replacing more expensive varieties. Only seven of the 120 samples advertised as red snapper were actually red snapper.

Read more: China Fake Donkey Meat Scandal Shows Danger of Food Fraud | TIME.com http://science.time.com/2014/01/02/china-fake-meat-food-fraud-scandal/#ixzz2qhUlK5J4

AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »

If it is on 20 meters it has to be true!

73 John AF5CC
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »

... WalMart beef jerky made in China is actually made from people. Has anyone heard this before?

It's a true FACT!  See the movie SOYLENT GREEN

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Spoiler Alert: "Soylent Green is people!"

You know how much China copies everything!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:01:16 PM by WA2ONH » Logged

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »

And, like Soylent Green, the beef jerky at Wal Mart is also green and made from an unidentifiable protein. 

Dave

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »

I heard a conversation on 20 meters today about how WalMart beef jerky made in China is actually made from people. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone heard this before?

Your credibility factor just hit ZERO.

Clif
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 09:45:53 PM »

I wonder if there is a tribe of cannibals somewhere who are just learning that their human jerky is being made from cows.

73 John AF5CC
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »

I wonder if there is a tribe of cannibals somewhere who are just learning that their human jerky is being made from cows.

Not that's funny, I don't care who you are... Grin

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 06:36:17 AM »

Clif

Darn, I should of suspected that maybe it might not be true. This is a lesson learned, only believe the stuff I hear on 75 meters.

Those 20 meter folks are sort of like Australians, all former convicts and the insane.  Wink

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 07:27:14 AM »

73 John AF5CC

LOLROFLMAO!!  I think that one was a hoot John!
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »

Darn, I should of suspected that maybe it might not be true. This is a lesson learned, only believe the stuff I hear on 75 meters.

ha ha, good one HA  Smiley

Quote from: AA4HA
Those 20 meter folks are sort of like Australians, all former convicts and the insane.  Wink

Well, in that sense, Americans are all religious wing nuts who think they are *the* chosen peeps and everyone else is a savage Wink

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 11:07:04 AM »

And, like Soylent Green, the beef jerky at Wal Mart is also green and made from an unidentifiable protein.  

Naw, that's just because of the mold that grew on it!
N6GND

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »

Should I be worried?

Clif

Nah. Ms Hayes' cred is right up there where it always has been and her humor is a rising star.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: