Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WalMart beef jerky is not made from beef?  (Read 12259 times)
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »

A local Chinese restaurant here in town got a hefty fine when they got caught with some of the local pigeons and seagulls in their freezers.  

The Chinese have a much more expansive palate than most of us. And they are very practical. I recall that back in the '80s (when I spent a couple of months traveling there) that the government combined a rodent-control program with meeting a need for a diet with more protein. The result was a speciality called "Super Deer" at a restaurant or two in Guangzhou. Needless to say it wasn't venison.
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »

IMO people should just quit buying anything made in china.

then the problem would resolve itself.

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!
KV4BL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »

Hi Ms Tisha!   I am leery of anything in the way of food that I buy from Wal-Mart for the reason that so much of their stuff comes from China.  As most of you know or should know, there has been an overabundance of goods and food items from China in the last decade or so which contained toxic, harmful, substances.  Heck, post Hurricane Katrina, there was drywall making its way to that area for repairs and rebuilding which reportedly had a noxious odor and was said to even corrode some electrical wiring and related hardware.  Take a wild guess where that came from.   Toasters, vaporizers, and other things bearing name brands that were formerly associated with quality and found in that store, are labeled as being, "Made In China".

Also, I believe it is the Smithfield brand of hams that has recently been taken over by Chinese business interests in this country.  FWIW, what little ammo I find a Wal-Mart these days seems to be of decent quality, though. 

I have read some of your writings and FWIW, your credibility is good in my book, ANY day of the week.

Ray  KV4BL
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 02:03:56 AM »

Tisha,

you could always make your own and then you would know what it contained!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 03:19:15 AM »

Re: G3RZP

Great idea, she could call it "Tisha's Tear Jerker Jerky" made from aged Hams. Wink
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 03:31:47 AM »

Just noticed that the advertising column on the left of this page has all kinds of jerky offers, the eHam bean counters must be happy.
KB1WSY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 03:54:31 AM »

I didn't know that beef jerky ever contained beef ... I guess I was stuck in Sinclair Lewis mode.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 07:15:38 AM »

I'm not saying that's a bad idea, but if it ever happened, Wal-Mart would go belly up in less than a week.   Grin
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 08:13:59 AM »

Re: WI8P

No problem, L.L.Bean would keep China afloat for a while at least until K-Mart and Radio Shack reinvented themselves again.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 08:15:46 AM »

You don't plan on buying much then, do you?
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 10:49:20 AM »

Actually, I prefer my Soylent Green patties over jerkey any day.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »

I have heard and seen on PBS TV that any of the catfish filets that are packaged in the clear plastic bags and are from China are fed human feces. You know that catfish like smelly food to eat and you know that there is plenty of feces from all of thoes people over there. The fish were swimming in pools of polluted waters. Real nasty looking and may be a true story.
KV4BL

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »

SWMAN, I guess that means that in the fish tank there, feeding time is also known as, "Howdy Doody time".   Cheesy
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »

Re: SWMAN

I have it on good authority that that the said feces is picked 100% free of all peanut and corn kernels which are recycled into Payday candy bars and corn chips repectively, so those that are susceptible to allergic reactions or are adverse to genetically engineered vegetables are good to go with the WalMart catfish.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 12:01:29 AM »

Chinese don't like Americans yet Americans just joke about it.
Wise up folks they will put anything in your food that they think they can get away with.
And I am being very serious about this when I say it.  Your dealing with a country that has no regard for its own people health, why would they worry about yours.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: