Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intercom for logger?  (Read 2510 times)
NY0Y

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:26 AM »

I have seen an article, schematic, etc. recently which described an intercom which used two aviation type headsets with mics, PTT or foot switches and other features.  And now I cannot remember where I saw it.  I hope the collective memory of this group is better than my failing 72 year old memory.  Can someone please give me some help, or a link?  Trying to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Thanks and
Raleigh
NY0Y
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:05:03 AM »

I'm not sure about an article, but if you poke around a little bit, you might be able to find a box made by Heil called the "HCS" or "Headset Control System."  I sold one for $25 a while back.  Can't build for that price!  I think Heil made less than 50 of them in the late 70s or early 80s, so they may be hard to find but I've seen them for sale every now and then.
WS4E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »

There is an article and full plans on how to build exactly what your talking about in the ARRL Handbook.   I read it and thought it would be very nice on field day.  Mine is the 2013 handbook.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:56:12 PM by WS4E » Logged
NY0Y

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »

OK, thanks.  I have the 2014 Handbook, and it is in there.  And, I will also have a look for the Heil headset box.  Again, Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: