Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Old OSO's to Log4OM  (Read 3044 times)
N8HO

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:39:56 AM »

I recently began using Log4OM at my station.  Prior to using this software I was using the old "write them on a paper log" method for recording QSO's.  I want to somehow add these old QSO's to what I have already entered into Log4OM.  I realize it will take some time to enter my old paper logs into something, but am not sure of the easiest way to merge or import the data. 
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:18:57 AM »

Other than typing them in manually, the only way to import a file is if it is an ADIF file.

You could use an Excel® spreadsheet and save it in CSV format and then convert that to ADIF. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with conversion programs, but a Google® search brings up several.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:30:29 AM »

If the logging application you're using does not provide automation for entering "already completed" QSOs from a paper logbook, try DF3CB's Fast Log Entry. It will generate an ADIF file that you can then import into your logging application.

Dave, AA6YQ
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:24:12 AM »

I recently began using Log4OM at my station.  Prior to using this software I was using the old "write them on a paper log" method for recording QSO's.  I want to somehow add these old QSO's to what I have already entered into Log4OM.  I realize it will take some time to enter my old paper logs into something, but am not sure of the easiest way to merge or import the data. 

I use this logging program also, and I'm sure you could merge the files some way.

Why don't you ask the designer in the Log4OM forum here -

http://www.pisto.it/forum/

G4POP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 12:57:19 AM »

Just select manual date and time on the right of the QSO entry screen and enter you old Q's don't forget to enter the band mode also.

This is much faster than using a spreadsheet or the fast entry program suggested

73 Terry G4POP
Log4om Development Team
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »

Just select manual date and time on the right of the QSO entry screen and enter you old Q's don't forget to enter the band mode also.

This is much faster than using a spreadsheet or the fast entry program suggested

DF3CB's Fast Log Entry eliminates the need to specify the date, band, or mode for each QSO unless they've changed from the previous QSO.
K5RT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:39:59 AM »

Make sure your QSO date format matches what the logging program is set for. DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY or whatever. Otherwise your import will fail.

It should not be difficult, but will take some time to type in the QSO information.

Don't forget to make sure you include any LoTW data fields. Otherwise you'll find yourself having to edit the log after that fact in order that your program doesn't try to upload LoTW QSL requests for long confirmed QSOs

Vy 73
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: