Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyclone Drift Cured  (Read 2712 times)
WB8YYY

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »

This nifty 40m transceiver was discussed in a previous thread but I can't identify it now.  This rig features full coverage of the 40m cw band and a high linearity front end.  Along the way builders had experienced two much drift of the pto.  Recently a builder came up with a well performing cure using a combination of npo and poly caps, and mounted the poly cap on the hot ic.  The result is now excellent stability.   When one builds gear often the need to improve is part of the journey.  Definitely I need another qso with this fine rig today. 

73 Curt
N0JL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:19 AM »

I would bet that WA0ITP was involved.
WB8YYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »

QSL that.  This had been discussed on previous posts here and drift had been mentioned as a shortcoming.  Of course folk have been curing lc oscillator drift for ages but each problem has its nuances.  I understand the engineering team is still at work.  The key thought is this high performing rig is ready for prime time.  Those lamenting scarcity of good qrp rig kits should check this one out.  Also never a bad idea to use or improve the rigs one already has.  73 Curt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: