Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle of Horseshoe Bend (Creek indian War) Bicentennial, N4H, March 29, 2014  (Read 13559 times)
WI4P

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »

To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Horseshoe Bend, the Lake Martin Amateur Radio Club will be operating Special Event Station N4H from Horseshoe Bend National Military Park, Tallapoosa County, AL from 14:00Z to 21:00Z on Saturday March 29, 2014 on freq. 7.280 & 14.325 MHZ.

The Battle of Horseshoe Bend brought an end to the Creek Indian War, made Andrew Jackson an American hero and opened much of present day Alabama and Georgia for settlement.

For additional information see the March or April issue of QST, go to www.k4ywe.com or email wi4p@arrl.net
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »

I am sorry about the 1000 + Indians killed and wounded in the battle. Will any survivors descendants take part for I assume you are all friends now?
Andrew
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »

I am sorry about the 1000 + Indians killed and wounded in the battle. Will any survivors descendants take part for I assume you are all friends now?
Andrew
Thanks for your interest in our special event.  There will be Native Americans (Indians) participating in living history demonstrations during this event, however, I don't know if any are descended from the Creek Indian survivors.
We posted this as a SSB event but if you'll slow down to 10 or 12 I'd be glad to work you on CW.
73, John 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: