Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idom Press  (Read 2076 times)
KM5PS

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:28:04 AM »

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Idom Press.  I have ordered a LED light kit for a rotor box, but have not received it yet.  I have emailed them 3 times and called twice and have gotten no answer from them.  I am hoping that they are still in business.  I have never ordered anything from them so I don't know how they operate.  Any information on how to contact them other than email listed on there website or phone number would be great.

Thanks
John

http://www.idiompress.com/
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »

It seems that other threads have asked the same question, and all have had the same observation--the owners have a habit of poor/no attention to communications.  Best you order from another source, since Idiom Press seems to have no intention to do any direct customer sales/service.  Perhaps a dealer that stock the products?

Added--The posts were in both the 'Company Reviews' and the 'Good Seller, Buyer Beware' topics.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:09:03 AM by K1CJS » Logged
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:22:23 AM »

K1CJS:
seems that other threads have asked the same question, and all have had the same observation

LOL. Yes, about 10 carbon copy threads over several years. Look up "Idiom" in the search box.

W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »

Bob Locher, W9KNI - founder of Idiom Press in 1982, handed the company to his son,
 Rob Locher W7GH to run it -- a few years ago.
http://www.idiompress.com/about.html

Common feedback posted on several amateur radio reflectors.
Google, Bing, or Yahoo search yourself ...  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:44:38 PM by W9GB » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »

I presently use one of their fine keyers.  I ordered and received it very promptly.  I wanted to buy another of their kits recently but needed a question answered first.  I emailed them and after 6 months, still no answer.

Personally, I no intention of ever buying from Idiom or recommending their products again.  Nothing bothers me more than a company that is totally inconsiderate and unresponsive to their customers.

As for his "son taking over the business," I have seen this time and again.  The old man builds a fine business and after retiring hands it to his son.  Son flies it into the ground because of piss poor work ethic and simply laziness.  It appears to be the signs of the times.

As far as I'm concerned, Idiom is a "has been."
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 12:09:14 AM »

They were at Dayton last year and perhaps they will be again this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: