Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last man standing show has made at least 8 new Ham radio operators  (Read 1392 times)
KE5TJT

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »

According to ARRL, after some of the producers and such of last man standing had exposure to Ham radio via the set, they decided to take their tech exams and all 8 passed, 2 with perfect scores! I'd like to know how many others have been influenced by the show to get into Ham radio.

http://www.arrl.org/news/em-ham-radio-in-hollywood-em-comedian-tim-allen-stars-as-radio-amateur-on-new-tv-show
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:04:37 AM by KE5TJT » Logged
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:07:19 AM »

cool, welcome to the obsession, I mean hobby.
W1BVV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:47:46 AM »

My Daughter is studying for her exam.  She was impressed that Mandy considered Ham Radio "an advanced form of Twitter - no typing required". 

Seriously though, that episode bothered my because it showed unlicensed operation and presumably licensed ops not id'ing.  It looked too much like CB.
K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:06:23 PM »

Last Man Standing didn't get me into Ham Radio . . I just started watching LMS due to Ham Radio . . Though I have only seen the first couple episodes and no radio content yet . . . But I do like the show.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: