Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW confirmation rates?  (Read 3325 times)
KE5GAE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 11:07:50 AM »

Huh wonder what I am doing wrong, I am no where near 50%. Then again I don't contest and only occasional DX.

Eqsl on the other hand is like 80%  Smiley

Which brings up another question. How far back do you download confirmations from lotw usually??
I am curious about this question, and whether I even understand it.  What do you mean by "download[ing]]" confirmations from LOTW?  You will not have any confirmations in LOTW unless you have uploaded QSO's to it, presumably from a logbook program of some kind (I use HRD Logbook).  So when or why would you download, and why just QSL's?

What am I missing (or misunderstanding)?

Basil
KE5GAE
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 11:24:48 AM »

You will not have any confirmations in LOTW unless you have uploaded QSO's to it, presumably from a logbook program of some kind (I use HRD Logbook).  So when or why would you download, and why just QSL's?

What am I missing (or misunderstanding)?

Basil
KE5GAE

If I'm not mistaken, I think you can download your LoTW QSL's to HRD'd logger if you are using the logger to track your awards progress.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »

I am a modest dx er and a sometimes contester and have about 25000 or so qsl on log book, I stay on average about 35 % of my qso are confirmed in LOTW.  I also send  cards, and  return requested cards, also don't for get to send some $$$ or envelopes and stamps to your call buro with the arrl for dx cards.  but you will find a lot of calls loaded after a large contest
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

I will try to answer several of the previous questions in one post...

Of course I upload confirmations to lotw otherwise I wouldent have any received  Cheesy

I use HRD 5.24 to upload you select LOTW download from the log book. It then presents a window with a current date and to/from fields. I noticed when I go back about a year I of course get a lot of dupes and it usually balks. Lately I have been checking since Janurary of 2014.

Uploading is a little more straight forward you just highlight the range you want to upload in the logbook and select upload. I have the sent/received fields displayed in the logger.

Yes TQSL my credentials and password are set just fine made sure of that.

I did get a few more confirmations last night since Jan 1 2014 so there trickling in. But what I wonder is how about prior to 2013? Any out there that need to be added?

I don't know how to check that outside HRD I really should look into it  Grin
KE5GAE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »

Of course I upload confirmations to lotw otherwise I wouldent have any received
There is still a bit of confusion (in my mind, at least) over the terminology here.  You do not upload "confirmations."  You upload QSO's.  Whether there is a confirmation or not depends on whether the other party uploads also.  If they upload also, then you get a QSL (confirmation).

I still don't understand what you were asking about downloads, though.  What do you download from ARRL?

Basil
KE5GAE
K4EZD

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »

For my 3500 QSO's I have a 36% confirmation with LoTW and a 52% confirmation with eQSL.  I work mostly digital and the logs are uploaded automatically with the HRD programs. 

KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »

For my 3500 QSO's I have a 36% confirmation with LoTW and a 52% confirmation with eQSL.  I work mostly digital and the logs are uploaded automatically with the HRD programs. 

This has been my experience more or less.

Yes I only upload QSO's sorry I was not more specific. I 'download' confirmations.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 07:12:20 PM »

I don't know how to check that outside HRD I really should look into it  Grin

go here: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/ enter your LoTW password and click on the "Most Recent QSLs" tab under the "Common Queries" side of the box

you can also check your most recent QSOs or enter custom query parameters and look at all your LoTW QSOs or QSLs.  If you have a DXCC Award account set up put that in the drop down menu and then hit "most recent QSLs" and it will have a check box if it is a new one for you in terms of band, mode, etc.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: