Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you listen to on SW?  (Read 48285 times)
2E0OZI

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »

I remember WWCR and thier far-right catastrophist programming - it was pretty entertaining at times. I used to listen to the antidote/opposite as well - RFPI from Costa Rica.

Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
George Orwell
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »

Sadly, their catastrophism came true to life.

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »

I can't wait for all the external broadcasters to run out money and shut down their operations.  I was an avid SWL back in the days when the broadcasts were controversial but now it's just crap.  The faster they drop off of 40 meters the better.  My Hallicrafter SX-110 now serves as a platform for my tube collection now.
N3AZH

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 12:34:55 AM »

How about FM broadcast feeds around 25,950 MHz or so during band openings? (in FM mode of course). Is WBCQ still around? Been out of that loop for a while.
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 03:59:17 PM »

How about FM broadcast feeds around 25,950 MHz or so during band openings? (in FM mode of course). Is WBCQ still around? Been out of that loop for a while.

WBCQ 7.490 now. It is still around and Fri evening and Saturday/Sunday evening there are music programs.
Fred
IZ5PQT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

I used to be a SWL from 1974 to 2004 more or less, mainly on the tropical bands (90 and 60 m) which for me were the most exciting bands. Today they are practically dead  Cry. I think that medium wave and longwave dx-ing is probably the most interesting listening activity today. These bands are becoming less crowdeded and open interesting possibilities. I read that european longwave stations are routinely received in the US, likewise
AM US and SA stations are being received in Europe. Non-directional-beacon NDB DX-ing has also many adepts. Another interesting DX-ing is Navtex. Paradoxically one can have excellent antennas for LW and MW in little space, like loops and the PA0RDT miniwhip. A good place to get serious up-to-date information is CumbreDx on Yahoo groups.

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: