The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Australia?  (Read 2054 times)
K6RQR

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2015, 07:28:51 AM »

Hello All -
 I'm wondering if it is still possible to listen to Radio Australia like I used to in the mornings here in Washington state? I remember listening to them on 7240 in the mornings and they had a very good signal. Interesting programs and features. However, they seem to have moved somewhere and the only frequency I could find them on at the same hour was 9,580 and it was just pop music. Does anyone hear them broadcasting the regular programs and where is that? I read on a link about cutbacks, etc.

Regards,
Bruce
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »

Hello All -
 I'm wondering if it is still possible to listen to Radio Australia like I used to in the mornings here in Washington state? I remember listening to them on 7240 in the mornings and they had a very good signal. Interesting programs and features. However, they seem to have moved somewhere and the only frequency I could find them on at the same hour was 9,580 and it was just pop music. Does anyone hear them broadcasting the regular programs and where is that? I read on a link about cutbacks, etc.

Regards,
Bruce
  http://www.swld.com.au/pages/aus_radio_aus.htm
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:49:59 PM »

I also heard pop music on 9580 khz this morning, first time I'd tuned into R. Australia for a long time.

I think they were relaying a Triple J alt-pop music program.

On Radio Australia's website there's a PDF of their program schedule. They've stopped broadcasting on SW to Asia but still broadcast to the Pacific.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/radio/programschedule?timezone=America/Los_Angeles&stream=ras-1

Probably the info is no different than that on the link that OnAir posted.
ZL2MC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 11:13:51 PM »

I'm afraid it's the height of summer down here and we've all gone to our summer schedules. Try the higher frequency bands, 17840 and 15240 kHz. RNZ is doing it too on those higher bands, 11725 and 11690kHz.
K6RQR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »

Will do, although I am currently listening to Radio Australia at 9am Pacific Time on 9580 with a decent signal. Radio New Zealand is also coming in very well on 9700. Thanks for the replies and good listening!

Regards,
Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: