Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Software Program For CW  (Read 716 times)
K6SI

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:32:54 PM »

Hello All:
Have been running PSK31 for couple years now using DigiPan. Now would like to try a software program for CW. Which software program is best for CW, various speeds 8-20 wpm. I can do CW, but would like to try software program on my PSK31 computer. Thanks. Ken  K6SI
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:05:18 PM »

Ken,
It's not free - but I'm sure it has enough of a demo period to compare it with others - I like CWGet by DXSoft. I have tried the  CW RX in MixW (which is also not free), and some others, but I kept coming back to CWGet for the cleanest - single purpose interface - and a variety of macro options.

CWGet has a companion program that is free - CWType. It requires a small 5 or less component circuit to turn signals from a serial port into keying on/off. The circuit can fit inside a larger sized DB9 plug housing so it's all contained.

These days a lot of control software applications include commands for WinKey. But when I work CW, I like to turn the rig knobs myself. So the CWGet/CWType pair is just fine.

Paul
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 09:23:07 PM »

WinWarbler supports PSK31, PSK63, RTTY, and CW -- all with a single user interface. CW support is transmission only.

You'll need a one-transistor interface between a serial port modem control signal and your transceiver's KEY input; if you want WinWarbler to switch your transceiver between RX and TX, you'll need a second interface. These are easily homebrewed, but there are also commercial products available that do this.

WinWarbler can also generate CW via a WinKey IC. You can build a WinKey-based circuit yourself, your use a commercial product like MicroHam's MicroKeyer. If the circuit includes a speed potentiometer, you can use it to control the speed of generated CW.

WinWarbler is free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab .

Dave, AA6YQ
WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »

Hamscope has a crappy recieve for CW but is free.  I cant remember if it will send.

I've tried CWtype and CWget and they work pretty well.  The eval on the CWget is fairly long and you can try before you buy.

CW recieve by computer is pretty challenging for the software.  Most guys fists are not very good and the computer is not able to space the characters correctly.  Plus on / off keying is not the best way to send digital info.

Sending CW via keyboard is quite practical.  I did it for a while and most CW freaks loved my "fist" when I was sending via computer.  So I would recommend it.

Learn to copy code in your head.  Its fun and the equipment price is right!
N5WRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:42:38 AM »

The best CW computer program for windows is by made by Polar Electric.  It is called MRP40.

Here is the link ...
www.polar-electric.com/Morse/MRP40-EN

William Lee  N5WRX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: