Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W1AW/X - How long typically to confirm LOTW?  (Read 42183 times)
KC5GB

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »

Is anyone missing SD qsl's? I made 3 contacts-different modes and days-and still no confirmations.
KC5GB
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 03:21:18 AM »

The SD confirmations just confirmed in the past couple of days.

So far, I've worked 65 contacts with various states and only about 2/3 have updated LOTW.  The ones that haven't are IA, LA, MI, MN, AL and VT.  It's still early for LA and AL, but I needed the contact in IA for Worked All States.

Has anyone submitted QSL cards for their contacts with W1AW?

Leo - N3AEG
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:59 AM »

The SD confirmations just confirmed in the past couple of days.

So far, I've worked 65 contacts with various states and only about 2/3 have updated LOTW.  The ones that haven't are IA, LA, MI, MN, AL and VT.  It's still early for LA and AL, but I needed the contact in IA for Worked All States.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you working the portable operations more than one band mode. They want your Q's!

Overall my "It's been a few months apparent busted QSO rate" with W1AW/x operations is just 1-2%, higher than typical contest log checking but not by much. There is one territory that stands out like a sore thumb with an apparent busted rate of 30%.  I'm not going to bother getting log corrections from HQ, I'm just going to work them again in the second round (all states are activating twice... I think the territories only once.)

If you are seeing a much higher busted rate you might double check your logging and see if it is conceivable you are uploading the wrong band, mode, or time to LOTW, by looking straight at the details of the unconfirmed QSO in LOTW. Some logging programs assign obtuse rare modes (especially things like Satellite and Cross-band modes) to QSO's because the logger authors allowed selection of a particularly rare MODE ADIF value. If the time was off by more than 15 minutes that would also result in a LOTW bust - especially check your upload if it was near the daylight savings time change (to see if manual or computer conversion may have been off by an hour there) or if you are manually converting times in the evening to UTC, that you may have converted the time to UTC but not the date.

Tim.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:08:34 AM by N3QE » Logged
N4KC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »

Well, I was all set to fuss about the number of missing LoTW confirmations I have.  However, when I went through the entire log and produced a spreadsheet, I realized that I now have 100% confirmations so far from 32 state operations (I average between five and ten band/mode contacts per state.)

I have still missing confirms from nine of the states so far (not counting those of the last two weeks who obviously have not uploaded yet):

STATE          QSOs          QSLed

FL                              5                          4
AR                              6                          4
LA                              4                          3
MS                             4                          3
WY                             4                          3
NV                              6                          5
MN                             11                        10
CO                              7                          6
ND                              6                          5

When I look at a QSL rate of 81% among those where confirmations are missing, it doesn't look so bad at all.  Between my fat fingers and all the evolutions each QSO has to go through from on the air to log to submission to the state coordinator to compiling them and then uploading to LoTW, I'd say that is looking pretty darn good.

I withdraw my impulse to fuss!

Don N4KC
www.n4kc.com
www.donkeith.com
(Author of the new book RIDING THE SHORTWAVES:
EXPLORING THE MAGIC OF AMATEUR RADIO)

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: