Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluetooth  (Read 1248 times)
KG4ULY

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:20 PM »

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata I want to use the bluetooth in my car for an external speaker any suggestions on what bluetooth transmiter i should get. I purchased one from Amazon but could not get it to pair with my car, it paired to my iphone so i know it works..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:50:49 PM by KG4ULY » Logged
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 04:02:12 PM »

If you are speaking of an external speaker (on a park bench for example), then the Bluetooth unit in the vehicle must be able to transmit. Most (not all I have to assume) only receive Bluetooth.

If you have an output on the radio (few do, most are input only), then the Sony unit is what you want.

K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »

Not sure what you bought on amazon, but most of them I've seen are host devices, not clients. hosts (like speakers, headsets and your car) can't talk to each other, only to clients (like phones).

Jabra used to make a device (a210) that will do what you want, but it is hard to come by these days:

I used one with my Kenwood TH-6 in VOX mode, it worked well, but I accidentally connected the wrong charger and destroyed it.

http://radcomms.net/Jabra_A210.html has some good information about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: