Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Hamfest at Ten-Tec has been cancelled  (Read 11071 times)
WA2ONH

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:28 AM »

LINK: http://www.tentec.com/news-about-our-hamfest-2014/

News about Our Hamfest 2014

"Dear Ten-Tec customers and friends,

Hamfest at Ten-Tec has been cancelled this year due to our plans to relocate in early fall.

After enjoying 46 years in our headquarters on Dolly Parton Parkway, we are actively seeking a new location in Sevierville that will offer more modern and energy-efficient facilities, a new showroom, and a much-needed upgrade in working environment for staff.

Our current facility and property are already under contract, and, as a result, they will not be available for our annual Hamfest open house and flea market. And, chances are, in September we’ll be neck-high in boxes and crates preparing for our move.

So, in lieu of our weekend Hamfest, we’re planning to celebrate the entire month of September with a moving sale, offering not-to-be-beat discounts and incomparable specials on Tentec.com.

Stay tuned for more details about the moving sale. And, in the meantime,  come see what’s new at Ten-Tec at Booths 548-550 at Dayton Hamvention, May 16-18.

Jim Wharton, NO4A
President"

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:32:44 AM »

Good luck with the move.  2013 was my 1st Ten-Tec hamfest and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Looking forward to many more in the future. 
John, WI4P.  Proud new owner of a made in the USA 599 Eagle and 708 mike.
KC6RCM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:47:52 PM »

Nice to hear that they are doing well and moving up.  I'm a proud owner of older Ten-Tec gear.

Good luck in your new home.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »

I went to Ten-Tec last year while on vacation but not during the Hamfest & had I not known better I would have thought they had already moved! Not much of an operation as it was that day.Pretty dead & I was unable to make a single contact from their Orion II & the Hy-Gain TH-7 with the tower cranked all the way down which I thought was strange but nobody answered a single call that I put out nor was I able to make a single contact with a station that was calling CQ from California on 20 meters that was well over S-9 on the meter of the Orion II for well over 15 minutes so I gave up? It is a small facility at full operation if that was it that day.   Huh

Clayton
W4KVW
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 03:59:28 AM »

Also note that apparently they are going to have a big sale in September. So I would hold off buying any TenTec equipment until September.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »

Coincidentally, it was announced this morning that Ten-Tec has been acquired by RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers.  It is being referred to by RF Concepts as a "merger".
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »

The press release the League put out made no mention of who acquired whom.  In fact, the prez of Tec-Tec looks to be the prez of the new combined company, whereas the existing Alpha prez will head the "Alpha Division."  Doesn't matter, I guess.

What is encouraging though, is Alpha's desire to do some manufacturing in Sevierville.   Ten-Tec absolutely knows what they're doing in that regard....cabinets, hardware, etc.  It's also done by them for the auto industry and for the military.

Interesting turn of events, and good to see some American companies being successful.  They do make some good stuff.

KG8LB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:57 AM »

Also note that apparently they are going to have a big sale in September. So I would hold off buying any TenTec equipment until September.

That could be a lot of fun ! I have a quite a bit of property a few miles away on the French Broad River , very nice country . We are on a riverfront bluff about 80 feet above the water . Spetacular view and a fine place to establish an antenna farm when we retire .

We visit that area frequently as my sister and cousins have multiple businesses in Pigeon Forge and the surrounding area  . In fact my cousins live just 1/4 mile north of the current Ten-Tec building .

Perhaps some of the shop equipment , primarily metal working may be up for grabs .
Always looking for professional grade metal working goodies !  Could save having to move a lot of heavy equipment from Michigan to Tennessee when I move .

If I were in the market for solid state appliances , TenTec would be a primary consideration . I had nothing but Ten Tec solid state about 20 years ago for CW work . Nice stuff and the service back then was absolutely first rate .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: