Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tone every 60Khz  (Read 3253 times)
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »

I have this very annoying tone ever 60Khz on just about every band (each band it may differ 60Khz, 100Khz, etc.) but its the same tone...

Its NOT a pulsing tone.. .It actually sounds like someone is loading up... Beeeeeeeeeeeeep.  its a VERY narrow bandwidth, enough for the Notch to notch it out..

Any advice?

Mike
KD2CJJ
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »

Rather than trying to figure out what the device is by the noise description, it can be easily located if it's in your house. The drill is to run the radio on a battery and shut off all AC power to the house. If the noise goes away it is inside your house. Now it can be hunted down by switching power one one room at a time. When a room is found devices in the room are unplugged until the noise generator is found. All of this should take less than an hour.

K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »

Anything with a switching power supply or wall wart... clock radios, satellite receivers, TV sets, DVD players, surround sound system powered speakers, wireless routers, DSL gear... the list is endless. Undoubtedly you will find something similar to the above being the culprit.

Pete
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:58:57 AM »

Do you have a Linksys router?  Mine puts out a group of three tones every 60 kHz.  I usually encounter them on 20 meters, but I've seen them on other bands, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: