Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Communications  (Read 5896 times)
KD6VM

Ignore
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »

Greetings,

I recently ordered the Ham Radio Magazine collection on CD's.  It has been a week and my credit card has been charged, but my order status still only shows "Ordered" and no shipping date.  Is this normal for CQ?

Thanks,
KD6VM
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »

Call them.  Rich, Dick and the bunch a great people to work with and they can give you the status of your order.

Is its xmas time, so shipping is slower, as is the mail. Patience and a call should make all well

Rick W4PC

(yeah that was me on the NOV cover Wink )
KD6VM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:48:09 AM »

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the encouragement.  I will give them a few more days then place a call.  I am not at all worried about the order, just didn't know what there policies were.

Ralph
KD6VM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »

I received the package today, but my online order status still shows no shipping date or tracking info.  However, I am satisfied with the service.

AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »

Have patience.  CQ will come through.  As an off and on subscriber to CQ magazine over the past 45 years, my only complaint is when I resubscribe after a year or two absence, they always send me several months of back issues and count that against my year's subscription.

In other words if I renew a lapsed subscription in December, they will (have in the past) sent me the October and the November back issues (and maybe even the September issue) and count them against my year's subscription.

Dick  AD4U
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »

I don't know what you find to read in CQ.  I have wonderful memories of the bygone days when
Wayne Green was the editor of CQ  and the great monster (sized) annual issues he produced. 
And later when W5SAI Bill Orr was a contributor and then Lew McCoy moved over from QST. 
Today, sigh ...
Just not the same.
Allen
KE7VZW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »

They have such neat books, but getting your hands on them is proving difficult.

I ordered Reflections III back in 9/13, and after 35-40 days, was finally told (after calling repeatedly) that it was out of print, and would take "N" more days to receive. Mind you, the item on the website at the time did NOT have a stock indicator, so i presumed it was in stock.  Not cool. I cancelled the order because after 4 weeks i was frustrated and said heck with it.

Now i see they have a balun/unun book I am interested in. I see it's NOT indicated as out of stock (which is now indicated on some books), and go ahead and place the order.

10 days later, I am without book, can't ring anyone at the tel#, can't get a reply to my voice messages and the order status indicator shows "ordered". nothing about being shipped or anything to indicate ANYTHING has occured.  Well, I was billed, that happened within 5 minutes of the order.

I'm not giving up on this, but I am a bit annoyed at this point. I ordered a combo book/dvd because it was all that was listed, and go figure a week later there is a book only option for half of what i paid. sigh.

CQ please send me my book/dvd Sad  I am a patient guy but this is just not fair.
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »

Just talked to Rich here at hamcom.  He said call from 9-5 et m-f.  Also, look at the stock, it is backordered. 45 days for delivery .

He said your credit card shouldn't have been charged......call them on Monday
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »

Sometimes I think you are better off to just hang it up and lock the doors rather than to attempt to drag out the inevitable, ruining your reputation and ensuring that nobody will trust you if you try to come back later on.

W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »

They are back !!! Their booth was packed at hamcom.

Hams assume so much... Remember when everyone said HRD was dead because Simon wouldn't work on it anymore... Three years and over 28,000 users in the database later... We are. Growing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: