Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Win 8 bad?  (Read 36434 times)
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2014, 07:11:16 PM »

Win 8 is fine. The real problem is self-appointed experts skilled mostly in parroting the usual Apple forum/'Nix Nerd prattle in a failed attempt to peddle their ignorant blatherskite as truth.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »

Seriously? Win 8 only ONE interface. You obviously have not used Win 8 or 8.1. There are two interfaces. Metro and the standard Win desktop interface.

When it's set up, the only interface is the metro interface.  You have to tweak it and play with it to get rid of metro.

There again, whether metro or not, you still have a difficult time getting win 8 to do what you want it to.  Almost all the adjustments are predetermined and you have a devil of a time changing them--and getting them to stay the way you want them to--unlike previous windows versions.

Added--No matter what is said by the Microsoft shill here, desktop and laptop computers aren't going to go away.  They'll be around for many, many years--and Microsoft is finally recognizing that by the response to Win 8.  Win 9, by reports, is going to be more like Win 7 than Win 8, and will have the ability to personalize fully restored, unlike Win 8, where it was truncated.

Again, You clearly have not used Win 8 or 8.1 as your statement "the only interface is the metro interface" is just wrong.

I am not a Win fan like W8JX. I am forced to use it at work. I use a Mac with OSX for my personal machine. I am not defending Windows 8 or 8.1, just tired of reading totally false statements about it . .  I am running Win 8.1 on my work laptop and have been running 8 or 8.1 for over 6 months now. My laptop looks like a normal Windows desktop, task bar at the bottom etc. No Metro interface. It runs normal MS Office and other regular Windows apps. I am also able to custom things like I could with Win 7. My settings stay put and nothing goes back to a pre-set.

Yes it is clear that CJS is clueless here. You can use or bypass Metro anytime you chose and customize your 8 desktop. I use 8x because it works for me and like support for tablet and laptop. The more I use 8 the further I pull away from 7. One of my daughters is a Mac user and other Windoze. I use Droid on phone and one tablet too.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: