Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest and Greatest.  (Read 22296 times)
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »

I don't think it's very patriotic to insist that we give up our rights in order to feel safe.  Especially when this safety is largely illusionary.

It has Nothing to do with being patriotic! It has to do with thwarting those that do not respect the rules and will use your own rules to bring you down. BTW I did my time in military did you?

Asking another American to compare the color of their stripes with yours is hardly a becoming attitude for a military man.
N4AAB

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »

I always find it amazing that people think criminals and other miscreants are stopped by laws. Laws don't stop them, court dates and them being put into prison stops them. And they still break the law in prison.

Laws do typically stop the honest person, but have little to no effect on preventing criminals from being/doing criminal things.

And as for the Patriot Act, it isn't patriotic. Losing liberies for us wont stop the terrorists.

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »

I don't think it's very patriotic to insist that we give up our rights in order to feel safe.  Especially when this safety is largely illusionary.

It has Nothing to do with being patriotic! It has to do with thwarting those that do not respect the rules and will use your own rules to bring you down. BTW I did my time in military did you?

Asking another American to compare the color of their stripes with yours is hardly a becoming attitude for a military man.

In side stepping you answered question. You are blowing smoke.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »

BTW I did my time in military did you?

Did your time? Were you sentenced to serve in the military?

Rick KK4GGL
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »

I still can't figure out why the current generation of younger folks are all wound up about hackers,  cell phone, Skype, VOIP etc. communications privacy since all the older generation was brought up in this environment via switchboard operators, party lines, phone taps etc. and thought nothing of it. Hell, if you have something to hide or want secret communications just have both parties invest their monthly $80-150 cell phone plans into a cheap transceiver instead, this way they can communicate mobile, out of band via cw/ssb number stations without need for any license or fees.  

Do you think, just maybe, that the paranoia spread by the government, the so called department of "homeland security" and so on, with their domestic spying has something to do with the hang-ups of this generation?  I sure do.
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 04:07:51 PM »

Hello.

We have a government that went broke for 15 days, that no longer has a space program, and has lost well over a dozen drones.
We lost the twin towers and have a police force that most people now fear.
And you think nothing is wrong?
Gun control is not working, just look at the places where it is enforced.
But, what is wrong? shootings in schools?
Society is beginning to fail, not just in the USA, but globally.
And, yes, some people are afraid.
Why do you think being so connected is so important?
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »

Sadly many people's constitutional rights to be free from involuntary servitude were violated when drafts were called.  So in a way, it was either a jail sentence or a trip to some god forsaken hellhole, neither of which were actually chosen by said individual.

Yeah, I know, bringing up the egregious violations of our constitutional rights by the government is un-patriotic.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2014, 07:57:32 AM »

Sadly many people's constitutional rights to be free from involuntary servitude were violated when drafts were called.  So in a way, it was either a jail sentence or a trip to some god forsaken hellhole, neither of which were actually chosen by said individual.

Yeah, I know, bringing up the egregious violations of our constitutional rights by the government is un-patriotic.

Sadly those they cry about loose of freedoms the most are the ones that expect a free ride and not have to defend with personal commitment. Our freedoms are not free as many died keeping it. I have no putty for Draft dodgers that left country and 5 hen wanted 5 come back free and I would like to see Draft come back too.

You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
N4AAB

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »

Sadly those they cry about loose of freedoms the most are the ones that expect a free ride and not have to defend with personal commitment. Our freedoms are not free as many died keeping it. I have no putty for Draft dodgers that left country and 5 hen wanted 5 come back free and I would like to see Draft come back too.

We have lost freedoms due to the unpatriotic Patriot Act. The Us Supreme court stated parts of it are unconstitutional. I thnik all of it is. And I spent 6 years in the US Navy, honorable discharge.

KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »

You might want to review/edit your posts.

Drafted were ya?

There are other ways to provide public service besides military service.

Rick KK4GGL
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2014, 02:29:48 PM »

You might want to review/edit your posts.

Drafted were ya?

There are other ways to provide public service besides military service.

Actual my draft number was 363. I went in on own. Had I been born a year earlier my number would have been like 7.

KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »

Sadly many people's constitutional rights to be free from involuntary servitude were violated when drafts were called.  So in a way, it was either a jail sentence or a trip to some god forsaken hellhole, neither of which were actually chosen by said individual.

What in the world did any of the post-WWII non-war overseas adventures have to do with securing our freedoms?  Seriously.  We were defending economic and political interests, not defending against hordes of invaders.

Why would you like to see the draft return?  It's an egregious violation of the Constitutional provision against involuntary servitude.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2014, 07:39:04 AM »

Why would you like to see the draft return?  It's an egregious violation of the Constitutional provision against involuntary servitude.

Those that wish to reap the most benefits are usually those that object the most to the needs of the country. Do not lecture and call serving the country that provides your existence involuntary servitude. Those that cry the most do the least to defend her.

N4AAB

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2014, 08:29:03 AM »

Those that wish to reap the most benefits are usually those that object the most to the needs of the country. Do not lecture and call serving the country that provides your existence involuntary servitude. Those that cry the most do the least to defend her.

The draft is unnessary. It is involuntary servitude. I volunteered, and served in the US Navy.

Just because you don't see the draft as wrong, doesn't mean its right.

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »

The draft is unnessary. It is involuntary servitude. I volunteered, and served in the US Navy.

Just because you don't see the draft as wrong, doesn't mean its right.

With a draft, everyone is in the pool, not just the unfortunates needing a job. Those born with silvers spoons might have to serve too. Any when everyone serves the politicians will look at conflicts different too.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: