Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX7G - Marquesas Island  (Read 16507 times)
PE5T

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 12:31:13 PM »

Would be nice if you would be active on 160m as well.
I worked FO and FO/A on 160 and need FO/M only on that band.

73, Kees, PE5T
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 03:28:18 PM »

Would be nice if you would be active on 160m as well.

Assuming we get a CW operator on board, we'll try, but with very strict size and weight restrictions on the flight to Marquesas, it's not likely - at least not with a good antenna setup. I did just notice that the Stew Perry Top Band Challenge is on the first night of our operation, so this might motivate us to see what we can pull off.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »

We'll be landing in Marquesas 3 months from today. Our plans are coming together very well and our licenses are in hand. The generous donations and sponsorships are allowing us even better equipment, such as the CrankIR antennas sponsored by SteppIR and a KPA500 amplifier from Elecraft. I didn't realize all the work and coordination that goes into planning something like this, especially making difficult decisions to optimize our stations in very limited baggage space. But we're having a lot of fun and can't wait to get on the air.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »

I'm happy to announce the addition of experienced CW operator Keith Witney (VE7KW) to the TX7G Marquesas Islands DXpedition team. Keith has operated on many DXpeditions, including several record-setting contest operations in Africa. The addition of a third operator, especially a master CW operator, greatly adds to our DXpedition and we're thrilled to have him on board. You can read about Keith at http://tx7g.com/team
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:46:06 PM »

Wonderful news.  Now that you have a world-class team of operators are you considering enabling the Clublog leaderboard Wink  It should be a chip shot from here Grin

Jonathan W6GX
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »

Now that you have a world-class team of operators are you considering enabling the Clublog leaderboard Wink  It should be a chip shot from here Grin

Nice try. I'm not turning it on BECAUSE it's a chip shot. Cool
PE5T

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »

Congratulations with the CW Op.
I now take it for granted that this includes a serious 160m effort as well.
Would be nice!

Kees
IK0OZD

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 04:15:21 AM »

we are many in Italy and Europe waiting for this beautiful country,
for a 'European is always very nice to work the pacific zone ,
I hope to make a QSO in rtty
Tony - IK0OZD
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 05:55:36 AM »

I'm sure we'll be able to thread our signals between those volcanic needles!

Looking for 160 m (should be easy), 12 and 10 m (should be possible).

73 es GL,
Luke VK3HJ
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »

we are many in Italy and Europe waiting for this beautiful country,
"snip"

Tony - IK0OZD

Good to hear. I'm sure the many in Italy and Europe will be making a small contribution before the Dxpedtion.

Eric
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 05:26:05 AM »

I need Marquesas everywhere but 10m. I think TX7M was my first or second DXpedition I ever worked.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »

Today we announce our fourth and final operator - Donald Studney (VE7DS). Don is a veteran of A25DS Botswana, ZL9HR Campbell Island, TX5RV Austral Islands, and 3DA0ET Swaziland. He will be part of 7QAA in Malawi later this year. We're thrilled to have such a great CW operator join our team.

More team members allows greater flexibility with weight and luggage, but the addition of two new team members in recent weeks has significantly increased the coordination and communication necessary. We are now planning on 2 stations on the air pretty much around the clock, with a 3rd station available for usage and monitoring band conditions. The CrankIR antennas will arrive in a couple days and will be thoroughly tested before we depart.

We leave for Marquesas Islands two months from today!
VK3MEG

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 07:55:30 AM »

We're not sure how much of an impact it will be (probably not a lot), but there is some significant terrain between our beach-front location and VK-land. The 2nd picture at http://tx7g.com/marquesas is pointing almost directly toward VK. We'll take time to call exclusively for VK/ZL. Despite the terrain, our location is pretty much the only one on the North shore from which we can operate to get optimal paths to the majority of the world.

I'm aware of the geographic issues you face there are similar ones on tx5 austral i have only got  one qso on 40m, from there with 3 dxpeditions. thanks for going there and giving us the opportunity.
cheers
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 11:58:01 AM »

Great news Jered.  Nice job on assembling a great team.

Jonathan W6GX
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »

Our departure is 3 weeks from today. All equipment and plans are in place. So long as there are no difficulties with our transportation (4 hour flight from Tahiti then a 2 hour 4X4 drive to cover the 10 miles from the airport to our small village on the North shore), we'll be on the air around 00:00 on Oct. 19 (Saturday evening US time). I can't wait to hear the pileups!

We'll be operating from a bungalow in the trees near the beach to the left of the church.

We're currently finalizing operator schedules - 4 operators on 12 hours/day will give us two high power stations on the air pretty much around the clock. We'll be focusing on CW and WARC band SSB early in the week, then transitioning focus to low bands and RTTY mid-week, then the CQ WW DX SSB contest and CW to finish off our 8 days there.

We're debating how much of an effort to make in the CQ WW DX SSB contest. We'll likely operate as Multi-One with our backup/3rd station functioning as a multiplier transmitter, and will keep a CW rig going most of that time.

While internet access is quite limited, I'll try to check this thread every day or so for feedback, recommendations, etc.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: