Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why? ...  (Read 2801 times)
KF4ZGZ

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »

... do yall keep posting in the nut jobs threads?
I hang around here occasionally anonymously to read .... haven't seen much worthy to post in, but good stuff
here otherwise.
But why feed the pigeons?

That's part of the reason I slowed down here to begin with.

Matt, kf4zgz
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »

Well, the mouse moves both ways, just like your tuning knob.

If you want to be more specific, starting with your thread title, you might just get a good discussion going.  Otherwise, it's nothing but worthless drivel under the pretense of being above it all.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »

My impression is that slowly the posts have been moving from asking questions and answering them to asking questions--and then arguing about the answers if the questioner doesn't get the answer they think should be.  More and more of the people here aren't here to learn--they're here to argue.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 09:55:32 PM »

CJS:  Very well put and right on the money!!  I've seen very simple questions asked here and instead of getting an answer to help the guy, those that answer start arguing among themselves and before it's all over it turns into a pissing contest.

It seems to be a "One-up-man-ship" thing. 
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 04:42:30 AM »

Yes, definitely well-put, Chris!

Reminds me of an AZ ham who posted an "article" about his mag loops, how wonderful they were, how they do magical things, etc.  A few initial responses were polite as is usually the case, but later the chorus of "ya know, those antennas are OK, but not super-duper as you're stating...."  The OP just lost his mind...."I'm being attacked, blah, blah...."  The emotional immaturity was pretty weird.

What seems to quelle the trolls is simple knowledge of the topic.  Apple computer for example, has legions of Millennial followers who'd take a bullet for their team as they perceive it.  Dare to question anything that comes out of Cupertino, and they go nuts defending.  Ask them ANYTHING about the software architecture of the Apple OS, and nothing, zip, zero.  They're uneducated and don't care, but they've found a "magical" doo-dad in their lives, so now they're loyal Apple Moonies, and will write, yell, you name it, anything to defend their little religion.   (BTW, I have Apple, Ubuntu, Windows, Icom, Kenwood....who cares?....)

Again, yours is probably one of the best observations I've read in a long time, Chris!

Brad

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 05:04:17 AM »

Funny how some people who complain about it also contribute to it! And yes I know I am guilty, but at least I admit it.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 05:13:17 AM »

Nah....you're good, FIB.

BTW, if anyone is thinking the KF4ZGZ is posting this to appeal for some civility or whatever, just look his posted picture on the "Why NOT post with call sign" thread.  He's trolling for trouble, just disguising it a bit.

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »

I look at it as cheap entertainment.  I can cruze Eham for hours a day, just perciving the world theough some one elses eyes.  Great entertainment. wheeeeeeee
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:02:29 AM by N6AJR » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: