Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC still accepting comments RM-11708 Baud Rate petition  (Read 1248 times)
K4KYV

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2014, 04:19:37 PM »

This should be old news and I thought the official comment period had long expired, but it looks like the FCC is still accepting comments, 215 in the past 30 days.
http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceeding/view;jsessionid=BnlHTTyhnyp1xrLf1T7xxpCLZbrQ4QnBQnnBqyh3w9jcZQsy3XWQ!-1197448941!NONE?name=RM-11708

This alone tells us one of the  reasons why there has been so much opposition to the proposal. Note that most of these people are not even hams.
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/111746-us-citizens-urged-support-fcc-rm-11708-a-2.html

Here is a sample comment to the FCC by a non-ham proponent of this petition. Notice the guy can't even spell.
http://tinyurl.com/n6jwpnz

The FCC was supposed to take comments for a 30 day period following initial publication of the the notice. The original notice was posted on their website on 20 November 2013, and the first comments received appeared on the FCC site on the 25th. But they are still accepting comments and posting them on their site, 32 so far just to-day, as of 19h52 GMT.

The Sailnet thread is enough to make the topic worth dredging up again. Click on the link. The Sailnet thread was started on the 11th of December, with three posts and then nothing until 5 days ago. Since then, 15 new posts have appeared. Looks like the FCC site has been receiving and posting a steady stream of comments all along. The Sailnet proponents have primarily expressed interested in access to the internet that won't cost them any money, via amateur radio.

So it looks like the topic has been dredged up again. A random sample of recent comments shows most of them filed by hams in opposition to the proposal.

K4KYV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »

Looks like e-ham won't fully activate  long  links. Copy and paste the first one in your browser.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:39:26 PM »

"I am not a amateur radio operator yet but a friend lets me use his call with a SIDD on the end"

I hope the FCC tracks down this guy and his idiot ham friend. Obviously neither of them know the regulations.
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:40:36 AM »

"I am not a amateur radio operator yet but a friend lets me use his call with a SIDD on the end"

I hope the FCC tracks down this guy and his idiot ham friend. Obviously neither of them know the regulations.

And hams are upset about CB'ers?!
At least the freebanders will flat out tell you they have no call!
And, no not get me wrong, I am not saying what freebanders are doing is right, just less offensive.
The ham tests are NOT that hard!
It is against the rules to talk to an unlicensed station.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: