Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! Need suggestions for a 2014 Honda CR-V  (Read 2227 times)
KB2SIN

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:59:15 AM »

OK, Im in a bind here.... I went from a 2006 Toyota Tundra Pick up with all the room in the world to mount antennas and radios to a 2014 Honda CR-V.
Now I am looking for suggestions for a Small dual band mobile with a detachable head. Also, if you could give me some advice on mounting the head. This car does NOT have alot of room to mount radios, so I VALUE everyones opinion!!
Thank You!
73's
de KB2SIN
Bill J.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »

There is one running around Roswell, with the head of an Icom IC-208H mounted just about the cup holders, and attached just under the shift lever. The antenna is mounted using an angle bracket in the right hood seam.

You could also use one of the lose neck mounts, which bolt to a seat bolt. Ram and others sell them.

K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 05:02:07 PM »

I have a 2014 CR-V EX-L. I have the Icom 208H mounted just below the gear shifter. I mounted the Icom 706 head on a small triangle of wood on top of the cup holders. I lose the use of the cup holders, but it gives me access to the gear by just dropping my right hand down to the rigs without having to take my eyes off the road (I have had these rigs for a long time). Now if I could figure out how to get rid of the electric power steering noise I get on the HF rig.... but that's another story!  Grin

Will Rogers
K5WLR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: